Not much happening in game

So…as a “newbie” I thought I’d put myself in the firing line of criticism (to save others from it) and ask forum dwellers what we’ve been thinking about for a while now (and no doubt many others too who probably won’t admit to it);

How come so many players have stopped playing? Is it linked to something?

1 Like

I know many players are waiting for the forge update to hit live. As far as I know, that might be it

2 Likes

Lots of us are already 3000+ hours into the game and are waiting for 1.0 before our next big project. For longevity’s sake.

14 Likes

I plan in spurts of activity. Merely log in to get beacons fueled up and that’s about it if I am not that active playing.

I just don’t feel like getting burned out on grinding for stuff right now and even when Forge and new worlds come to live server, I’ll probably continue to have spurts of playing activity. 1.0 is basically going to be where the majority of players are going to devote their time.

3 Likes

when we near a new release population goes down alot
some people take a break before it hits live
and other go into test server to pretest it and help devs
when the release hits live population goes way up and usally brings along some new blood into the game

the therka plaza hub is perfect thing to track activity ingame lol

also @AtomicNoodle join our discord our otherdiscords comunity has
makes game feel less empty :slight_smile:
https://discord.gg/t4VCMNp

2 Likes

25% Fatigue
25% Saving Myself for Upcoming New Planets
50% Steam Summer Sale

2 Likes

I still play whenever I can, only just over 900 hours so far so still a long way to go till burnout :laughing:

1 is summer and I am getting drunk
2 is summer and pool parties.
3 tennis
4 freezbe golf
5 biking

I only religiously game during the winter.

2 Likes

Couple of reasons:

• I don’t want to invest time into (more) building since there’s gonna be reset when 1.0 lands
  • taking a break until 1.0 will assure I have some new content to enjoy. If I played through whole EA until 1.0 I’d already know everything about the game and I don’t want to know everything about the game that just got into 1.0
  • I want the full feature set to fully enjoy the game
  • got bored with balancing issues, those are unavoidable in EA but I don’t have to play while it’s happening

I think that covers it :smiley:

4 Likes

Im still preparing for the arrival of 1.0 :relaxed:

I play when i can but mainly waiting on 1.0. Also few people on the forums are testing my patience and in affect is not wanting me to play. Also the fact i have too many games i wanna play lol

• test and exams at school and university
  • nice weather and people wanting to get out with friends (as @Rumplypigskin said: we get drunk at pool parties while playng tennis with a golf ball with wich we try to hit people who are freezbe biking, 100 points every hit)
  • families going out during the weekend (including our players who are parents and those who are young and have to follow theyr parents :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • other reasons already said by others (waiting 1.0, waiting forge, steam sale, … )

also there is a day-by-day waving number of player: less people monday, friday, saturday and sunday… a little more people the other days

3 Likes

Tired of grinding, but will look in on things when 1.0 drops and re-evaluate.

Working 70hrs a week. Summer projects. Binge watching Game of Thrones again.

1 Like

I’d like to amend my earlier post by adding the new Darkest Dungeon DLC to the list of things that’re burning all of my time.

If any of you are vets from the earlier days (I got in during Early Access for that, as well), The Color of Madness is a pretty good workout for folks who’re more familiar with the game and not prone to dying.

1 Like

Gaming and loving my 8 to 16 hr’s of bondless a day :slight_smile:
all 3 toons at lv 50+ time played 3269 hr’s started on 9-5-2017

6 Likes

We are on septerfon (me and a friend) and online allmost everyday.
Also i see ppl once and then here and there when roaming through the shops =) so its not that dead as it seems.

So with the 1.0 update there will be a reset?
is there some info what will be resetted?
Everything? with inventory, levels and such stuff? if so then i would understand that ppl tend to not play actually.

1 Like

From what I have herd it will be a start over from lvl one and all new worlds not the ones we are on now. Cant wait.

1 Like

Yep all the reasons are covered. I think there is a lot of players on test server. But with the forge around the corner I am hardly crafting at all atm.

It’s pointless to craft except for most current needs for personal use. All though I ran my ass off for 3 hours yesterday looking for Persisting Pie. Everyone in the game has run out and not selling it!!!

is there any estimation when that will be?