[NOTICE] Exploits and Abuse

The thing is this is a never ending story we all have different ideas and each one of us is trying to force those ideas into the dev team and other players.

So when do we stop?
If they pick the side you are not agreeing with, you will keep complaining until their decision please you, but then the other group will do the same so then what?

1 Like

13871fiv9kBfkQ

a93jwI0wkWTQs

5 Likes

First off, if people want/need to vent they should be allowed to.

I’m in favor of the devs being against exploits. However, this should come with a list of things that are and are not allowed.

Personally the closest I come to “botting” is multiboxing while actually playing the game. And I only do this to gather stuff like lots of dirt or gravel for roads. I’ve never sold anything I gathered in this fashion. Pretty much the only person losing out here is Eliphaz since I’m not buying dirt from him as much. Also my doctor, since I won’t need any more appointments to look into my RSI injuries. I can’t imagine this will be prohibited so I feel pretty safe. In my opinion you shouldn’t be allowed to have more than two accounts on together - since you have two hands and could hypothetically control two characters at once without macros or rubber banding, but not three (yeah you have knees and feet and stuff).

I think the majority of the angst is the lack of clarity from the devs. In my opinion they need to make a list sort of like Nightstar’s but more comprehensive - obviously they can’t think of every exploit in advance, but they should at least list all the known bad things people are doing that they want to prevent. For example, I presume they don’t want people running bots overnight while they sleep. But other than this, what is considered botting?

I won’t be multiboxing until I hear back that it is officially ok. But I shouldn’t have to take that stance, the devs should say what the heck is going on. That’s just my opinion.

I tried scrolling through the locked thread on my phone. Have any devs (including Leah) chimed in since poor @leahlemoncakes’ OP?

1 Like

That is some where in the middle of the post

4 Likes

I think they’ve said what they are going to say on the matter.

I, myself have asked for more info/clarification several times on the specific rules, etc. I think it would be easier to follow a clearly posted list that was pinned permanently to this forum somewhere. I totally understand everyone’s frustration. Let’s not turn this on each other though. I know a lot of you didn’t get to finish what you need to say yet - when the thread re-opens, please don’t attack each other.

It’s 2:30am in the UK so everyone will need to wait a few hours for any further communication from the devs (unless they are zombies that don’t need sleep lol).

8 Likes

Multiboxing is not botting… no rule ive ever read says its against TOS…think you are 100% fine…

1 Like

yes would like more more updates and i guess complied guidelines. But all in all kind of hard to really relay on anything put out as. leah had put out as abuse is what what every wonderstuck desides it to be. for the most part. wonderstuck is going to deside if they feel a player is abusing even though it is with in all current policies or guidelines.

I think what is most important is that we do not attack one another… discuss, not cuss!

3 Likes

To go with what you said :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think if you are exploiting you know it. The post was just a “Hey!.. we’re watching you 0.0” type of thing.

Once i was able to see through lava, by messing with camera angle, and went to check into how to do it… and just… got this feelin’. Y’know that feelin… its the voice inside yur head saying “Am I being a scumbag here?”… and if you even get that scummy feeling… maybe you are exploiting.

Anyway, i got that feeling, and decided not to try to look into how to reproduce

3 Likes

Yes… sadly though its usually those three fingers that started it picking on that one linely finger

The biggest threat to this game isnt any exploit its the community at large always wanting more things changed from some perceived slight or mistreatment and the ppl actually making the game make the mistake of catering to the vocal minority on a forum instead of adding the needed content to keep the game exciting and fresh.

Every update has not been a feeling of excitement for new features but a sense of doom for what will need adjusting or if I might lose something ect… (Even a positive like the emojis OMG the same folks “thats offensive” a freaking emoticon isnt even safe!)Then after its all in place the storm has passed then the same cast of characters need some other injustice to rail on about. How about just play be quiet for a few months so they can actually add much needed content then maybe if you just cant stand it anymore get back to backstabbing and indirect attacks. Just give it a rest for just a few months build some stuff or play something else. Lets just press pause for just a little while for all our sanity.

14 Likes

When I first heard the phrase “addicted to outrage” I had a good hard laugh and sort of scoffed about it.

Then over the ensuing years I came to realize that this is a real problem and there’s literally an industry in supporting (and directing) this addiction.

13 Likes

IMG_1266

5 Likes

nope learn about that one from my drill Sargents back in basic, everyone of them had all fingers pointing at me, hand palm out! one always asking for baby powder.

1 Like

Too many people need drama to exist. It forms the central point of their existence and they just don’t know how to live without it.

5 Likes

Now i dont support botting and all but… big but here… i feel the backlash from the community on that thread (and in general) might push things in unwanted directions. Wish we all can wait, give the devs time, and see. Theyre working from home yet theyre coming up with updates faster and better than the devs of other games i am playing (looking at the annoying Rockstar). Lets not push the devs to their limits so we dont lose this beautiful gem of a game.

TL;DR: Report the issue but be patient.

6 Likes

Mea culpa on that one.
It wasn’t all just about “that’s offensive”, though. Half of it was also a question of the game’s Art derailling into real-life stuff too much for a the taste of a decent chunk of the playerbase. Not all were arguing about it, but calling us ‘a minority’ would be too minimizing.
I still think some points that were made by the ‘vocal minority’ (of which I was a part of, granted) were correct, but it was indeed a debate that went further than it had to.
For me, it mostly ended when James said they would add the various in-game glyphs later.

But like I said elsewhere, a big threat to discussion on the forum is also how some people might put you down because “uuuugh negativity is baaaaad” and you should only be excited and positive about everything, that’s not good either.
I did it. You’re doing it just there, calling out people and minimizing their arguments because you don’t care for the same things.
IMO, we just all have to deal with it.

6 Likes

The emojis don’t all fit the game universe. That’s different from offensive.

I know you know this.

3 Likes

True… compare the ones removed versus the many that remained. One example is the cross… very much present in the sanctum during Halloween event. Present in virtually every planet (player created) in churches, graveyards, etc … but somehow as an emoji it is not included.

Meanwhile emojis of a myriad of other not really Boundless emojis are there.

My view was that including them all would have shown total impartiality… if people abuse things then action could be taken…

For the record… i am ok with it as it is… just pointing out what I thought was a contradiction

1 Like