[NOTICE] Exploits and Abuse

nope learn about that one from my drill Sargents back in basic, everyone of them had all fingers pointing at me, hand palm out! one always asking for baby powder.

1 Like

Too many people need drama to exist. It forms the central point of their existence and they just donā€™t know how to live without it.

5 Likes

Now i dont support botting and all butā€¦ big but hereā€¦ i feel the backlash from the community on that thread (and in general) might push things in unwanted directions. Wish we all can wait, give the devs time, and see. Theyre working from home yet theyre coming up with updates faster and better than the devs of other games i am playing (looking at the annoying Rockstar). Lets not push the devs to their limits so we dont lose this beautiful gem of a game.

TL;DR: Report the issue but be patient.

6 Likes

Mea culpa on that one.
It wasnā€™t all just about ā€œthatā€™s offensiveā€, though. Half of it was also a question of the gameā€™s Art derailling into real-life stuff too much for a the taste of a decent chunk of the playerbase. Not all were arguing about it, but calling us ā€˜a minorityā€™ would be too minimizing.
I still think some points that were made by the ā€˜vocal minorityā€™ (of which I was a part of, granted) were correct, but it was indeed a debate that went further than it had to.
For me, it mostly ended when James said they would add the various in-game glyphs later.

But like I said elsewhere, a big threat to discussion on the forum is also how some people might put you down because ā€œuuuugh negativity is baaaaadā€ and you should only be excited and positive about everything, thatā€™s not good either.
I did it. Youā€™re doing it just there, calling out people and minimizing their arguments because you donā€™t care for the same things.
IMO, we just all have to deal with it.

6 Likes

The emojis donā€™t all fit the game universe. Thatā€™s different from offensive.

I know you know this.

3 Likes

Trueā€¦ compare the ones removed versus the many that remained. One example is the crossā€¦ very much present in the sanctum during Halloween event. Present in virtually every planet (player created) in churches, graveyards, etc ā€¦ but somehow as an emoji it is not included.

Meanwhile emojis of a myriad of other not really Boundless emojis are there.

My view was that including them all would have shown total impartialityā€¦ if people abuse things then action could be takenā€¦

For the recordā€¦ i am ok with it as it isā€¦ just pointing out what I thought was a contradiction

1 Like

I donā€™t think Xmas trees belonged in the game, or jack o lanterns, since they donā€™t fit the game universe.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say even spiders, but Iā€™m too pedantic tbh

2 Likes

I agree
It should have been oortian 10 legged spiders

Keep ā€œearthā€ stuff out of boundless

2 Likes

Im going to practice what I preach and chose to not engage. TYVM have a Diabolical day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pants donā€™t seem to fit in the game universe either :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

And yet those two items are Event Rewards for Oortmas and Halloween! See what I mean? I DO totally understand your view and maybe a custom emoji set would have been a better fitā€¦ but when the Devs decided to include this existing set should have been all or none BUT I am very appreciative to @james and the WS team for these fun additions!!

Pants we do need! Lol

1 Like

Pants are a universal concept. You put stuff on your legs to protect them and stay warm.

Or are you saying we should all wear kilts? Because Iā€™m down with that.

6 Likes

We need to wear anything besides just underwear lol

I was just trying to be funny, but pants havenā€™t even been universal amongst groups of humans. And I canā€™t think of a single other species that wears pants with out our making them. But I am veering off topicā€¦

3 Likes

Honestly if I could wear anything in the game it would be onesie wildstock pajamas

6 Likes

Youā€™d be a nightmare at hunts! I already attack citizens with horns thinking theyā€™re Wildstock :laughing:

4 Likes

I want this: :grin: (Couldnā€™t get a shot behind it right with just me there)

4 Likes

@DKPuncherello getting a tad off-topic, arenā€™t we? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like