Now that copper and iron cost the same or more than titanium (ore or bars), what are some good “base metal” recipes?

Titanium is cheaper than iron and copper?
Wa wa WA?

2 Likes

I think it’s more a case of when miners invest in 3x3 hammers to mine gems they tend to collect a fair amount of titanium in the process as opposed to mining specifically for iron and copper which doesn’t net the same high end byproducts. I’m always running out of iron and copper compared to titanium… partly because I’ve been making a lot of the octogrid lately for a workshop makeover.

1 Like

Titanium is in low demand because it doesn’t have any go-to recipes other than titanium furnaces and power coils. Once you have those, titanium is kinda ‘meh’ after that.

People aren’t using titanium tools & weapons anymore?
Are new players jumping from iron to gem gear?

1 Like

I still sell and use Titanium gear

2 Likes

I would. But titanium tools are good too, they’re underrated IMO.

1 Like

I totally agree :blush: :+1: Was just curious why it’s not more expensive than silver and gold. Is there an over-supply?

Well based on my maths from boundless pricer and BUTT

It costs 66c to make a Gold Heavy Hammer
It costs 145c to make a Titanium Balanced Hammer
It costs 572c to make a Sapphire Balanced Hammer

So there’s definitely a cost efficiency involved when using Titainium vs. the cheapest gem

1 Like

You need iron and copper to make alloys to make titanium stuff. So it’s more a matter of undersupply of copper and iron.

Also to some extent I think we rely on newer players to mine copper and iron.

Perhaps at some point we could use a rebalance - remove silver and gold alloy from the game and replace them with silver and gold bars. Or make iron and copper way more plentiful on starter worlds / add some to t6 worlds. The second is probably the better option of the two as it benefits new players more.

1 Like

I wonder if the issue of underdemand would be alleviated if titanium blocks could be made out of titanium bars (not alloys)

I find copper to be a limiting factor. But I believe that is okay, new players should have a resource they can readily sell for good coin. I wish there was something in game telling new players about t1 and t2 resources that are in hot demand and harvestable on their planets.

Then a demo to show them how to set up a request basket at their beacon. We would have a lot better chance at keeping players too because they will get how to make coin.

@james maybe?

I think the bigger issue is silver and gold alloy. Also by doing something to address silver and gold alloy it would help more players - people making silver and gold stuff AND people making titanium blocks.

I’m not sure if it needs a change. I think the issue is just no one has opened up a shop other than red, specifically for metals. Someone could mine metals all day and make a mint. Just no one is. They could also make it into alloy.

I can harvest tens of thousands of metals in a 3 hour night of mining. I do sell these. But I can see someone making a shop for this. Also it makes sense copper should be expensive. Most people cant get it unless specifically mining for it. Which would be new players or people with enough incentive to mine it for coin. I think this will be good for new player economy. Just my opinion

I buy unlimited metals and advertise constantly. I have baskets at my mall, my tree, Naughty hunt lodge, hamburg mall and coin converters and barely get any. Probably 2 million in baskets across those 5 places. Alutech gets some but not a ton. Red also gets some but not a ton. (we are all friends)

This leads me to think people do the math and (correctly) realize t6 mining is the way to go for coins per hour. So I think the best fix (and the one that best helps noobs) is to increase copper and iron. Double it on all planets. The second best fix I think would be removing silver and gold alloy from the game and replacing them with silver and gold bars in all recipes.

1 Like

I think the problem we are seeing too, is that we have mostly seasoned players that are all crafting and doing their own thing mostly.

I believe if we had a fresh influx of people we would see a change in that. I’m not sure the percentage of people that sell their metals when they mine vs putting it towards their own crafting. So cannot verify this thought.

I will have to find your baskets. I am always looking to sell metals. I filled up all of red’s baskets one week and still had rows of metals left. Sometimes it’s hard to find the active cycling baskets or best prices.

2 Likes

Does your shop say dk? Just want to make I’m selling to yours.

1 Like

Yep all mine say DK

1 Like

i’ll trade you 3 iron ore stacks for 3 Titanium stacks DK

1 Like

I used titanium for a while but it makes not a lot of sense to use it when gem gear is not that expensive.

Also I think it’s quite rare to see titanium forged tools.

1 Like

I use titanium tools to one hit gatherables like plants and boulders … actually bought some yesterday :slight_smile:

2 Likes