Now that every sovereign world gets a "Gleam Lake" biome - Paintable Gleam?

As a policy, I do not assume how to implement code changes when I’m not familiar with the codebase. I can guess that it’s just adding an id to an array, but I don’t assume it.

how much should it cost? Players are getting new colors spending $10 and some are getting none spending a lot more.

Considering the logic is already there to DENY tinting blocks they don’t want tinted, the code is already done, just needs to be switched from denying to allow.

1 Like

Yeah, it was stated by James that it’s basically a simple true/false. I don’t want to dig up the thread for that though :>

2 Likes

Cool, that’s a lot safer than assuming.

I’ve worked with code where you go try to do something that seems trivial like this and you quickly find out you have to reverse engineer and/or refactor an entire system just to make a basic change. If I haven’t seen the code, I don’t know how long it will take to change.

1 Like

They are going to have to come up with dungeon treasure chests, collectible trophies, or something other than using color as a reward/trophy. We will get to a point where we have all of the colors (or at least most of them). Unless they plan to add more colors like gradients, & more shades like sherberts, pastels, naturals, dim, electric, bold, gem…

4 Likes

I don’t believe so. :rainbow: Last iteration of the event added special drops and craftables, which imo can always be expanded upon. Isn’t that the point of all the other events thus far? I never cared for the idea of chasing gleambows for color blocks; it’s just a fun bonus now.

1 Like

That is a good point and probably more of this needs to happen

2 Likes

I would assume deeper content events will be needed than gleambow in the future. As almost all colors will be unlocked in the next 2 months.

Wont be much of an event if its just gleambow anymore.

1 Like

I’m hoping instead for a new release event every 6 months. That are themed, deep, and potentially bring more to the game.

Example event releases:

1. Furniture, lights, fabrics update
  2. Fighting overhaul, new creatures, new weapons, wearable armor
  3. Extreme dungeon: Randon dungeon spawns on exos to keep exos alive and with a re renewed purpose. With rare loot at the end. Anyone who beats it gets the rare award to put on display. Or rare crafting elements.
  4. Forge overhaul
  5. New craftables and new goals
  6. Lore update? So we know anything about the current universe.
  7. Etc
2 Likes

There were some decent side discussions in the thread so I just updated OP with a simple yes/no poll. ;>

2 Likes

All blocks should be paintable, but with sovereigns, maybe leaving the paint hard to get is a good thing so we still have reason to explore the public worlds.

1 Like