NPCs!

I dont Know if anyone has already said this type of suggestion. But i LOVE npc’s in sandbox games i particularly love the fact that even though you may be building far away from others or just alone. You can still have computer based company. For example in Terraria all the functions the npcs posses. So my suggestion is to add lots of in NPCs. :slight_smile: Thank you

If you serach for npc in the search thingi you will see that manny already made npc type suggestions

1 Like

okay im sorry.

1 Like

No problem, suggestions are always welcome!

NPCs are a good idea, however most functions within Boundless are (or at least will be) carried out by the players themselves. So if you wanted, you could set up a shop selling the things you find or make!

Buying and selling plinths (a shop keepers favourite items!) are in development at the moment. These are primarily used for when a shop owner goes offline, so they can still buy/sell things even when they’re not around!

5 Likes

I’d like there to be ‘fake’ players that are NPCs to fill the world up a little, with a simple GUI indicator it would be nice. They could be the ‘lower class’ workers that do relatively simple things. They aren’t necessary but it would be great just for the look of the game if nothing else.

1 Like

would be cool if you need to hire/craft NPC to complite your shop :poop:

I had a whole series of posts at some point arguing that NPC’s should only appear as vendors (sellign items while working for a player) and citizens of allocated player houses, as that would breath life in player towns without taking the focus away from the playerdriven world.

I thought that way back… They kinda confirmed that NPC’s will not be in the game.

1 Like

I honestly think there should be NPCs. Like at the capitals maybe NPC guards? Or around the portals to be like keepers. Something cool like that, but also for the crafting specifically make it so you have to like meet a person or something to learn certain things.

1 Like

Pretty true doesn’t mean I stopped arguing that allowing players to invite NPC’s to move in as it would help make the world feel more alive.

1 Like

Since we’re getting into the NPC subject again, I’d like to see tameable/trainable mobs much like the wildlings from Wonderstruck’s Polycraft. I love those lil’ guys.

1 Like

Kinda the only reason I thought of NPCs is because on the trailer when the guy walks through the portal I saw like thousands of dudes walking around. But even I the NPCs have their own towns and you can even interact I would be cool to have another living thing in game. Because people are a bit annoying at times.

That was more a tool for the trailer. My guess is each of those was a real account. Some were probably blank (no user) or set to do simple emotes on a loop. Others were probably the devs (anything doing complicated behaviors, such as the three at the end).

1 Like