ODF & GTG 12 Hour Marathon Hunt!

First only bring stuff you need that saves space :sweat_smile: but campfire and chest is the best thing during hunts cause it reclaims automatically after 2 hours and you get your stuff delivered to the door. Beacon is too complicated cause you need to reclaim manually.
Buuuuut that’s why why we do breaks after 1:45 so you can empty your inventory switch weapon e. G. Cause after the break the planets will be switched so beacon also makes no sense.
Take a campfire and chest for every hunt will be enough :wink:

Use campfire and chest on normal hunts too that helps getting all the loot back home. Losing loot is horrible :sob::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Ty very much me just uses gleam chest I am storage

ah great I forgot about reclaim. So if I setup 5 different campfires over a hunt, the next day I will be able to pickup all the loot from my home beacon? Sorry if this is obvious I have just never used reclaim yet…

Yes that’s right. It’s in your home beacon and you open reclaims there and empty it. You don’t have to wait until the next day cause campfire autoreclaim after two hours that’s much easier during hunts.

3 Likes

this is definitely a giphy (4) moment for me…

just didn’t realise this worked with campfires…I need to get out more but thank you for the info!

Also, looking forward to this marathon hunt…looks like fun times :metal:

7 Likes

Yes, excellent bday present for me, lol! I can’t wait! :tada:

3 Likes

So, just to confirm this campfire thing and how it works …

If I set up a campfire and a chest, how do I get that to just “deliver it straight home” as it seems like is being said here?

Does it all just appear in the reclaim 2 hours later?

Also, how does this work when hopping around the planet either by foot or portal? Do you bring many campfires and setup at each meteorite, or one at the start, and keep portalling back/forth?

None of this is in any way a doubting of the mechanism, I just don’t understand it is all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, it automatically appears in your reclaim like reclaimed beacons do. You just bring a few campfires and chests and drop one every time your inventory fills up and they slowly reclaim over time :slight_smile:

8 Likes

love it. cheers. this should stop me worrying about trash that i pick up, too.

ta, elly! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

yeah, I’ve just started using this in my mining trips…works a treat

7 Likes

@NickkThatsGood Saturday isn’t the May 1st :thinking::thinking:

I just learned about this yesterday, and the campfire thing is genius. So much more loot lol

Also now that someone said it, I gotta use this for mining too!

5 Likes

2021-05-01T16:00:00Z2021-05-02T04:00:00Z

Look what day IT IS …

Its a god sent - isnt it!! … On our daily hunts, i take two and usually have to use both of them for all of the goodies we end up with :slight_smile:

1 Like

It really is!
No more deciding what gem to toss to fit more oort :thinking:
Its gonna be a whole new hunt for me now :joy:

1 Like

Ahhhhhhhhh gotcha
I’m blind sorry

Yeah thank u for the campfire idea and with a gleam chest oooohhhhh boy

1 Like

People place campfire and chest down when their inventory is full. Then 2 hours after campfire is placed it will expire. You then can reclaim items at your master beacon at home. This allows you to get all the tallow etc you couldn’t carry. You only place a campfire not a beacon.

1 Like

campfire plus chest has been working wonderfully…just one drawback…

just part of the list…no regrets though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Does this work on exo planets as well ?