Of cats(devs) and mice(players) - which changes displease you?

My goal isn’t really to be toxic, but if it can improve Boundless the end justifies the means. I’m missing the game that I used to spend days playing and want it to be something awesome after the dust settles. But what’s killing me is the way they just keep on nerfing (balancing) and we cheer as Rome burns. I do not have at all faith that these nerfs are going to somehow come together in the end to make me say, “Ohh… I get it now! Finally it all makes sense!”

This isn’t World of Warcraft, Eve, or Anarchy Online. When you add more grind to the game, all you get is more grind. Adding wax to decorative blocks didn’t make the game more “fun”. Neither did adding a complex mathematical formula to footfall. When a game is fun you stay for the grind, but when a game is grind you do not necessarily stick around for the fun.

2 Likes

yeb when they did that i had to tare down my build (1ist time at that point) cuz useing decorative blocks was just no longer worth it farming the yams is a pain and you need a crazy amount for a max craft of wax that only = 1 mass craft of blocks

adding to that point now i think about it even the mats aside the fact that some things are not 1-1 is killer for example you need 1000 of this to make 500 of someting to then make 200 of the thing you want by the time the trickle down effect ends you find out that you need double or sometimes triple of the base mats to get the amount of the desired thing you needed

I wasn’t trying to be toxic. I am just trying to be objective in what I am perceiving some of the root causes of the game’s issues. One of those things being what appears to be narrowminded and stubbornness from the developers.

They have all the data of what’s going on behind the scenes of the game and I am sick of them using it as an excuse to justify things they change and call it balance.

I miss the game that was in Early Access before it was bogged down by balance issues.

2 Likes

You’re not toxic. I miss Boundless, post launch, Day 1. Oh what a time to be alive that was!

3 Likes

Indeed it was.

2 Likes