Ok, for real, what's going on with the exo schedule?

Lucent gear
Kindling
Combustion
Goo

I dont see the point of having non sustainable farms for those for some one who hates exos.

Goo Is a good point.

Not sure about lucent, most of the times people hate it for being hard to forge and expensive lol

1 Like

My theory is the company probably uses lower priced spot instances which could be up to 90% cheaper then a reserved EC2 instance for exo worlds, the issue with these is you have to bid on them and some times the demand is higher then the supply because they are so cheap. Versus a Reserved instance which requires a 1, 2 or 3 year commitment.

That would mean that the randomness is set by the supply/demand of the spot instances…

3 Likes

I get the impression that when there is an active event, the exos do not appear or take much longer to appear, I see it logical, although not everyone plays active events, but it is logical, it certainly shouldn’t be that way, as I said not everyone plays to the events, many ignore them and continue with their projects, therefore, if so, they should change it and think about everyone and not just a few

1 Like

They are just at work doing their proper jobs. When they get an hour free for their boundless hobby I’m sure an exo will appear

The gods you mean?

Gotta say I’m a little disappointed my “wanna play dauntless” thread got moved to off topic within 16 minutes of posting it, but there has been no response from the devs as to what’s the deal with exos for weeks. Complete silence. I know Leah is just doing her job and presumably has been told she can’t tell us what’s up with exos. But that’s a shame.

Done. :grin: I don’t know how to record footage on this, but will do it on PS4 later… by killing myself on two accounts, then I count as much as one virgin? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not a very worthy sacrifice here perhaps, but the offering up of such an Evil Citizen may at least appease the mushrooms if not the Great Oorts… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yup. James and co dont just look after boundless. The turbulenz website etc talk about what the company do…engine etc, guess If that side of the business is busy and making money that’s where the time gets spent

I don’t remember them (the devs) ever giving specific timings as to when the exos will appear. It was always understood that they will appear when they appear. Or not?

1 Like

I believe it was always suppose to be special/random when they appear. It seemed they were appearing almost every week, in a random way though - which most people were getting used to. They should spawn often enough that people can harvest goo, kindling, petrol for farming, meteorite ichor to fuel portals, lucent gems for tools & weapons…

No Exo means there is a lot missing from the universe.

4 Likes

Yeah but do they have other current projects? Their website lists things like that other boundlesslike browser game from 2015

They are currently working only in boundless, here is their information

Why do they have a moustache in their image but we don’t have one in boundless :angry:

1 Like

I have a beard, I like it more than the mustache xd, I try to make my alt look at least like that hahahaha, so I imagine it is me xd

Wonderstruck may only be, but turbulenz Ltd I would guess not. Boundless needs a sugar daddy to keep the money coming in :rofl:

We don’t know what contracts, investors, etc they may or may not have.

Nope…or if you did it would probably get you a ban for publicly sharing

I mean if you really want to sacrifice anything i wonder if a bunch of people bought cubits if it influences the number of exos

1 Like

Hey Folks,

Just thought I would clear a few things up about Exo Worlds.

There is a script we have that makes a randomised schedule for the Exo Worlds which the great OortArch (@james) then implements. We leave this running but we have the ability to override it should the needs arise. Some reasons we may do this;

1. We are launching an event or a big update so we don’t want that to create any issues with the event/update going live.
  2. We are updating how the Exo worlds work
  3. Something a bit more custom may be in the works…

We try to get through and respond to every comment but with how passionate you all are about the game sometimes it’s hard to keep up (which is an incredibly positive thing!), especially when we are working on new and exciting things in the background!

I hope you can understand this and please know that there isn’t some conspiracy theory that we are purposefully withholding Exo Worlds for no reason. :slightly_smiling_face:

26 Likes

I like that we dont have exos up all the time otherwise they might as well make them permanent and the randomness is great ^^

4 Likes