Ok, for real, what's going on with the exo schedule?

Can we have some form of communication about what’s going on with the extreme lack of any exo worlds lately? We’ve only had the burst of 3 lucent worlds (and honestly i count this as a singular event) spawned in the last 3 weeks, and that’s it.

This is a huge change of schedule, as the last few months i believe there was almost always at least 1 exo up. Combining this with the lack of actual content of the last few months (i understand creative/modded worlds aren’t available on ps4, that’s not your fault), what are we to do? At least exo’s provided a fun change of pace and kept me happy while while giving you folks time to work on new content.

I’m not asking for another burst of exo’s, but i’d love to know what’s going on.

Are exo’s broken, so you can’t currently let them spawn randomly?
Have you folks changed the schedule/algorithm that spawns them?

Just about any answer would do, but please let us know what’s going on!

I guess all that leaves me to say, is that i’m not angry. Just disappointed :frowning:

8 Likes

Tell us nothing!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::rofl: Maybe there is a EXO out there…everyone double check. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

A hunch I’ve had is on them making a special Valentine’s theme exo that’s taking them longer than expected.

But that’s a theory and probably a bad one. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah some communication would be real nice.

2 Likes

At this point, I will only accept the excuse that Titans have destroyed the planned Exo’s.

4 Likes

My theories:

1. James is petulant about the response to his compactness idea

2. They turned them off for the valentines update and somebody forgot to turn them back on again

3. Somebody at wonderstruck thought it would be “helpful” to us if they turned them off so as not to interrupt flower trading

3 Likes

I think we all know deep down getting an update on this will be difficult. Communication on things like this has always been an area for improvement.

I figure @DKPuncherello’s theory #3, and I’m fine with it. I have other things to do besides chase Exo’s constantly, and if they are there, then I want to chase them. :smiley:

They probably want people to spend some time with the new changes on test and creative so they can get that pushed out without the community having a riot over it .

2 Likes

I think there waiting for me to ask. @Leahlemoncakes exo pretty pls?

I’ll show u my secret build in game

This is why I hate for things to be exo locked. No exos, no progression.

2 Likes

It was perfectly fine when we had a steady stream

1 Like

what do exos have that you cant already have besides colors?

Lucent gear
Kindling
Combustion
Goo

I dont see the point of having non sustainable farms for those for some one who hates exos.

Goo Is a good point.

Not sure about lucent, most of the times people hate it for being hard to forge and expensive lol

1 Like

My theory is the company probably uses lower priced spot instances which could be up to 90% cheaper then a reserved EC2 instance for exo worlds, the issue with these is you have to bid on them and some times the demand is higher then the supply because they are so cheap. Versus a Reserved instance which requires a 1, 2 or 3 year commitment.

That would mean that the randomness is set by the supply/demand of the spot instances…

3 Likes

I get the impression that when there is an active event, the exos do not appear or take much longer to appear, I see it logical, although not everyone plays active events, but it is logical, it certainly shouldn’t be that way, as I said not everyone plays to the events, many ignore them and continue with their projects, therefore, if so, they should change it and think about everyone and not just a few

1 Like

They are just at work doing their proper jobs. When they get an hour free for their boundless hobby I’m sure an exo will appear

The gods you mean?

Gotta say I’m a little disappointed my “wanna play dauntless” thread got moved to off topic within 16 minutes of posting it, but there has been no response from the devs as to what’s the deal with exos for weeks. Complete silence. I know Leah is just doing her job and presumably has been told she can’t tell us what’s up with exos. But that’s a shame.

Done. :grin: I don’t know how to record footage on this, but will do it on PS4 later… by killing myself on two accounts, then I count as much as one virgin? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not a very worthy sacrifice here perhaps, but the offering up of such an Evil Citizen may at least appease the mushrooms if not the Great Oorts… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes