Ok, for real, what's going on with the exo schedule?

Yup. James and co dont just look after boundless. The turbulenz website etc talk about what the company do…engine etc, guess If that side of the business is busy and making money that’s where the time gets spent

I don’t remember them (the devs) ever giving specific timings as to when the exos will appear. It was always understood that they will appear when they appear. Or not?

1 Like

I believe it was always suppose to be special/random when they appear. It seemed they were appearing almost every week, in a random way though - which most people were getting used to. They should spawn often enough that people can harvest goo, kindling, petrol for farming, meteorite ichor to fuel portals, lucent gems for tools & weapons…

No Exo means there is a lot missing from the universe.

4 Likes

Yeah but do they have other current projects? Their website lists things like that other boundlesslike browser game from 2015

They are currently working only in boundless, here is their information

Why do they have a moustache in their image but we don’t have one in boundless :angry:

1 Like

I have a beard, I like it more than the mustache xd, I try to make my alt look at least like that hahahaha, so I imagine it is me xd

Wonderstruck may only be, but turbulenz Ltd I would guess not. Boundless needs a sugar daddy to keep the money coming in :rofl:

We don’t know what contracts, investors, etc they may or may not have.

Nope…or if you did it would probably get you a ban for publicly sharing

I mean if you really want to sacrifice anything i wonder if a bunch of people bought cubits if it influences the number of exos

1 Like

Hey Folks,

Just thought I would clear a few things up about Exo Worlds.

There is a script we have that makes a randomised schedule for the Exo Worlds which the great OortArch (@james) then implements. We leave this running but we have the ability to override it should the needs arise. Some reasons we may do this;

1. We are launching an event or a big update so we don’t want that to create any issues with the event/update going live.
  2. We are updating how the Exo worlds work
  3. Something a bit more custom may be in the works…

We try to get through and respond to every comment but with how passionate you all are about the game sometimes it’s hard to keep up (which is an incredibly positive thing!), especially when we are working on new and exciting things in the background!

I hope you can understand this and please know that there isn’t some conspiracy theory that we are purposefully withholding Exo Worlds for no reason. :slightly_smiling_face:

26 Likes

I like that we dont have exos up all the time otherwise they might as well make them permanent and the randomness is great ^^

4 Likes

Thank you!! :smiley: And…

… Hoping! :grin:

So then I just burned myself to a cinder there for nothing? Well done, Paka!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It was for science! Don’t worry
Scientists

7 Likes

It’s too bad Leahkemoncakes had to clear this up because having us all imagine things and letting our imaginations run wild was funny.

1 Like

Hehe, I’m still gonna record a Paka Self-Immolation later… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It might not speed up the exos but perhaps it might atone for (at least a few of) Evil Paka’s misdeeds… :smiling_imp:

… Or at least count as a down-payment on future ones. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I definitely appreciate some sort of response.

I think we as a community would really love announcements when exo spawning is not random. That way we don’t stew, keep checking and make annoying forum posts. Just tell us “exos are off until February 20th because we need those servers to bug test creative mode” or something if that is the case, and we can go back to whining about different things :wink:

2 Likes

Not to be rude but you guys are spoiled with exos. They are supposed to be a rare and special occurrence but most of you aren’t happy unless there are 5 a week anymore. They have lost the rarity. Hell exo ores and the like are not even worth much anymore because of how much of the material is on the market. I wouldn’t be surprised if the dev team decided to do one a week from now on. Seriously this game gets more updates and content then 90% of other actively played games.

Ok rant over. No hard feelings on either side just wanted to voice my opinion. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Where does it say rare occurrence? It says constant stream on the exo world introduction by James himself.

2 Likes