Ok , so I will attempt this one last time PORTAL FUEL!

Both also this mostly only happens on other servers others than the East. So there seems to be correlation there.

No Gina, nothing I do let’s me send a video. I’ve even reformatted it to the systems requirements. I’ve also change my phone to jpeg

Game log? When it happens I would submit a game log and then post in this thread tagging @SamF so he can look it up.

That’s what I had to do recently and the bug ended up being added to the list of those needing to be fixed. :blush:

1 Like

Lol yeah the simplest thing I’ve never got answer to. I don’t even do that anymore but I will again.

1 Like

Oh and I forgot to mention. When I go into the stack and hover over 1 stack there is a black box that flashes repeatedly. This May be the bug.
@SamF ever hear of that?

Not sure if its the same, but yesterday I went to top off my farm portals and they had 850 in them… when I went to shift click to top them off like normal it kicked the shards back to my inventory and did not top them off.

You can upload the video to youtube with the share button from the Capture Gallery in the PS4 main menu.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Save-and-Share-PS4-Gameplay-Videos?language=en_US

2 Likes

Oh man that’s right! YouTube! I’ll do it later and record it. I’m curious of that flickering black box.

Yes that is EXACTLY what it does to me all the time. No matter how I try to insert it.

1 Like

First time it has ever happened to me. If I notice it again I will take a video of it.

I just hard wired my PS4 in. I’m curious if the issue is on my end? This being why it only does it in foreign servers. That would make the most sense. I just am curious why others on epic systems with being hardwired in had the same issues. Also, that flickering box! What is it?? Lol

So a bit more playing around with the bug. Easier to see that is really taking the fuel even though it appears to reject it if I don’t use a smart stack.

As with the info here, closing the game and reopening forces the portal to update the actual fuel amount. I was also able to force the visible fuel amount to update by switching characters to an alt and then back to Soju.

Still not 100% sure it is the issue you are having, but I have had it happen several times while playing around with it now, and every time it was actually taking the fuel, it just did not appear that it got fueled until I either closed and reopened the game or switched to an alt and back.

Sorry, forgot the second video after I closed the game and came back in

Also shows the bug with the non smart stack to make it more visible what is happening on my side.

Ok so says it’s takin the fuel. Even though it is kicking it back into your inventory. You now use that oort in the portals it does show taking. What oort is actually being used? Perhaps why my portals shut time and time again showing a certain time like 3 days left and then closed the next day.

For me it was removing it from the smart stacks, I just did not notice it at first until I started to intentionally watch for it. Shift clicking on a smart stack would remove the correct amount from the smart stack for maxing the portal it would just appear as though it had not worked since the portal itself still did not show full unless I logged out and back in (or did the alt switch).

So there was no “extra” shards in my inventory… it did take them out of the smart stack on the first attempt. If i continued to re-try shift clicking then of course no more would be taken, just the initial attempt.

As I said before, I am unsure if this is the same bug you are having. But it is worth trying the next time you see it happen, close the game and reopen and see if the portal has max fuel. If not, then you have a different bug than I do.

That exact method I have tired. (Many times ) because sometimes it worked. Like I said this has been happening for a very long time. It just some days it works normal and some my friends just fuel them. The flickering black box is new though. I’ve also heard of someone never being able to fuel a portal, ever. Right skills but character bug. I think they left before dealing with how to fix it. That is just hear say so I’m not sure how true it is. I’m not the only one here it has happened to. My issues are usually a collective of people’s being out of a large group I speak to in chats I’m the one they all tell to contact James. Savior can you contact James. Next day, savior I found a bug. :joy:

There is a solution for this you might not have tried. Close all bugged portals, collect the blocks and set them up new, thus creating a new object. If it’s on your account that is a strange bug for sure, but there is also a solution, cleanse your portal epic go out of menu and remap it.

Workaround not a solution might help you still.

I’ve added this to the bug database.

1 Like

You don’t have to actually close and reopen the game for the portal to show the correct amount of fuel inside. You can just go far enough for the portal to “unload” (so a couple of plots or 2 portals). When you’ll go back the oort shards you put in will be shown

Not for me. I could close the game, go shopping (irl) build a kitchen , and shower. Oh look, portal is closed. :joy: how much oort have I lost? No one knows.