Ok, what turns you ON playing Boundless?

it did not. But for a brief while, the capitol was Fuzzy’s Settlement prior to New Oortia starting their land expansion, but I meant that it remains the main place where portals are connected.

I wish the soundtrack played more often. It is like once an hour… and it is so nice… It should be more frequent.

5 Likes

Yeah, I wish I had an easy route to get there. The closest useful portal for me is the New Oortia portal to PS on Grov Te, which is a great hub. Not much point in going to Alpha from there except to shop.

Oh! I’m certain that New Oortia has a portal to the Alpha station- which then of course has the Aquatopia gate and then portals to a lot of other settlements on Storis. That said, it’s kind of cool how so many places are interconnected with portals since of course the PS network also connects to all of the other places too.
Leads to lots of moments of getting lost.
Good and bad thing, really. :joy:

@Studiaux

And boy do I get lost…

“Wait…this isn’t right. Where the Hell am I?”

Lol

1 Like

Building is a ton of fun! I really enjoy putting my build of Laputa together. Starting to build a pig monument too lol

1 Like

Being a shop owner. I love games like Shop Keeper, where you run your own store to adventurers instead of being the adventurer yourself.

Wish this game better supported it.

2 Likes

You can always hire an adventurer :slight_smile:

for me 2 things,the music soundtrack is just plain amazing,and the community (oh and killing cuttlepunks :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

this sfx
nice

5 Likes

I love trading! Its a lot of fun. And Forging too. Its fun! I’m a bad builder, but my marketplace is a thing of absolutely beauty thanks to @AmandaPan @Kal-El and the rest of the cuttlepunk crew. It turns me on whenever I see it :wink:

3 Likes

I love chisels. I love how you can shape blocks on the fly, rather then craft them like.stairs and slabs in Minecraft.

7 Likes

What do I like about Boundless basically? How social it makes my girlfriend. She’s very shy and rarely comes out of her shell, but she’s a social butterfly ingame. Anyone who’s been to Finata’s Ultima Hub has probably seen Sere, Serenity, Bunbun, Bunny, or one of her other alts talking in shout constantly :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I adore chisels. I wish I had the better ones.

1 Like

The fact that players shape the world. Everything is built by them. And much of it shows a lot of dedication and creativity. In a world of mainly destructive video games Boundless is creative.

7 Likes

It doesn’t at the moment. That is why I played something else tonight while I wait and see if things get better with the next patch. What did in the past was crafting and building. I hope that things get better and I can go back to enjoying it again.

2 Likes

Granted, the game can look very ugly at times on ps4 with severe DD and performance issues, but just last night the right music track kicked in as I was sprinting through a forested area filled with flowers with the sun just setting…I came to a stop for a second and I got flashbacks of the first time I played ES Oblivion . The game despite voxels is capable of that, wish I could play it on a super computer. (Damn, forget the name but that player made elf like forest village where it all blends into the enviroment also is a real work of art, kudos to those guys)
I like the chiselling too even if it is a little annoying cycling chisels all the time.
I’m half and half on the game overall.
Sidenote:It really needs more advertising on the console, the minecraft community is huge and you could steal away a lot of them. Multiplayer aspect? This game beats MC hands down.

1 Like

The game’s soundtrack and ambient effects like fireflies and rainfall are actually very good. They really do set a certain mood. I love the frontier feeling of the game, I started building in Alder 2 days ago, and then I went hopping down the river today and spotted two new neighbors. Both super nice and helpful to noobish me.

I didn’t know how much I’d love chiseling. And that’s only with my little stone chisel. I want to make a stonehenge-y build somewhere and chisel away on some designs, the game inspires creativity and imagination.

I like that it’s text-chat only by default, it seems to keep the tone lighter and friendlier.

I was burned out so badly from Minecraft that I took a chance buying Boundless, I thought it was possible that I’d load it up and end up still feeling bored, but that’s not the case at all. I’ve been having a great time.

2 Likes

Biggest reason for me is exploring. Im the guy who I like to see “whats behind that mountain” .
Also finding resources that are “mindblowing” like field full of boulderchips.
Ofc people builds are big part of the game and i do wander around without destination just to see what people have come up with.

I can hook you up with some advanced chisels if you’re able to meet in game. Free of charge for the first set. :slight_smile:

Send a PM when you’re able to get in game if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

1 Like