Oldest beacon in game?

first day, first world - I only ran around for a bit and then placed it

someone logging in 1st minute of the game and placing beacon where they stand must have the oldest beacon I guess? if it’s still standing

so 2 categories kinda:

1. the oldest beacon (or the first beacon in game)
  2. the oldest continuously fuelled beacon (or the oldest beacon among currently active ones)
2 Likes

I’d love to know both!

1 Like

I have screenshot dated 16 August 2018 just before the early backers’ launch; 2pm still the old universe; then longer break in screenshots and 8pm it’s Lasaina (I’m pretty sure I was waiting for the launch and got on Lasaina shortly after the new universe was online; but I spent some time exploring before placing my first base beacon; I did first beacon earlier just to have that part of tutorial done and later I wandered off to look for a spot I’d like more).

2PM - old world

8PM - Lasaina

I think the universe was briefly online early afternoon but then it crashed and was back sometime later. Am I remembering it correctly?

Oh, and four days later on Boori, I found a perfect spot for what I planned to be my big base and started building; I am still there:

2 Likes

omg, omg - I actually recorder first couple of hours on Lasaina; never used it to make a video;

I am placing my first tutorial beacon shortly after 9PM (August 16, 2018 of course). :sunglasses:
It’'s not there anymore as you can guess.

screenie:

3 Likes

Got to love the old stories of the beginning.

I’m hoping we can find out the longest standing beacon currently active in game.

Think it would be a cool piece of history.

@boundmore you know you have to post that video right :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

errrm… lol I have a few from first 2 or 3 days
Just looking at them; yeah so cool to recall those moments; I’m shouting cause I was on discord with a friend and we also met someone when running around. Not a proper youtube video material I’d say haha.

2 Likes

The raw cuts are always the best lol can’t hide the bloopers then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It’s not even director’s cut.
More like camera man cut haha - or NO CUT AT ALL; I sense a market for pure raw material; can see selling a lot of that for die hard fans. :rofl:

2 Likes

07.09.2018 the beacon still here

3 Likes

My first 2 beacons on Lasaina both gone. The Boori main base still going and it was placed sometime before the 22nd of August.
I think my Lutrion red roof house was placed a day or two before that though.

They are my 2 contesters for my oldest and continuously fuelled.

Not sure the game was released at that point. We were still in the summer… I thought it wasn’t till mid August before even backers were able to get on the release universe.

This screenshot is from Aug 17, but I was definitely there day 1 :grin:

3 Likes

My guess is it’s a different date format - he probably means September (the 9th) what in US format looks this way: 09.07.2018.

August 16 was the backers’ release judging by my screenshots and videos dating.

1 Like

This is an achievement. So if you have your first beacon still you can see when you placed it.

1 Like

Here’s a post of mine and some screenshots from pre-release:
August 2018

2 Likes

Think the achievements came after the game release. Don’t think we had them before, will check after work.

1 Like

mine says 23rd of July 2018, so that achievement was added before launch

1 Like

It’s accurate for me but I started a few day later. :man_shrugging:

July? @boundmore

1 Like

yes, indeed
so like 3 weeks before the pre-launch when I planted my first beacon in the new universe

i was playing around in the big pre-launch hunt with new worlds - had a beacon there and a small hut

2 Likes

yap, mine sais 28 Jul, 2018
To be fain, I don’t remember when I started, but definitely was way before release. Remember I worked a hole lot on that brick factory :))))

2 Likes