Oldest beacon in game?

I was wondering if there is a way to determine the oldest beacon in the game?

Would be a fun to know to go and visit?

Anyone here from the beginning of new universe that would claim they have the oldest beacon?

@james any chance this is something easily looked up and would it be possible to share this information?

9 Likes

My beacon could be among the oldest - not necessarily the oldest. Placed it soon after the game launched on Beckon and it is still there. There are other builds that are there since the beginning so they could claim that title by having been slightly faster than me.

5 Likes

My beacon on Biitula was ignited on day one of the head start launch… but it naturally wasn’t my first, so there could be older beacons out there… just not by much.

5 Likes

Think I got rid of all my starter beacons. But those were early launch for PlayStation so wouldn’t be the oldest

I just imagine a legendary beacon that never expired and was the very first beacon.

1 Like

THE FIRST BEACON.
Just imagine that existing and people searching all of the starters for it.

1 Like

From day 1 Old Ultima hub on Finata on Devourer char :slight_smile: literally couple minutes after new universe launched :slight_smile: Still Standing… :stuck_out_tongue: I bet around this time a lot of other ppl placed beacons as well :smiley: so i assume it will be really hard to determine exactly which is the very first one :smiley: But still :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping james would disclose lol. Perhaps they have the exact date time down to the second.

2 Likes

Imagine people go out of their way to visit some of the “oldest” beacons. Only stumbling on a one plot beacon with a table.

:joy:

[edit]

A long forgotten beacon “in the middle of no where”.

2 Likes

Are we sure it wouldn’t just be some random pit?

3 Likes

If this is stored in the beacon info, a cool thing might be for every beacon info to have a line with “Founded on {timestamp}”, and to be publicly available, meaning everyone to interact with the beacon and see that info, or, as an info up top when pointing at the beacon.

This I think it would even give people an activity to do, like “the search for oldest beacon” :slight_smile: :))

4 Likes

I guess @Havok & @Xaldafax will be amongst the first as well? although they did move from Phem to Biitula. @DKPuncherello is also a candidate?

2 Likes

I still have my first base from day 1 of the head start on Seginiakai, don’t visit it very often but its still there.

1 Like

I hit the ground running on Pheminorum within hours of the servers coming up in the headstart and plonked down a beacon control shortly thereafter. I still live there at Swampholm to this day… see if you can find it. It’s not a large place but it’s seen entire cities come and go nearby and it’s still standing.

5 Likes

My clock tower is my first beacon. Definitely won’t be the oldest beacon unfortunately as I started a couple days after launch I think.

1 Like

I did replot and redo a variety of beacons so I would have lost all the original timers unfortunately. Even though I was playing from the second the Servers came up after release I didn’t really track times and stuff… we were too busy focused on getting to next planets.

I didn’t think to grab a screenshot of the Biitula first capital or settlement because we all were too busy building and exploring but I know we were the first there since PS landed a bit after we were the capital and set up the hub.

I do still have the official first Capital of Phem screenshot though… I think it was myself, Repa11 and Mitte (maybe or someone else from ]i[) in it. If I remember right the time was 8/16/2018 @ 2:18 PM PST.

4 Likes

Maaan the memories… Can’t believe it has been 2 years already. We were drooling looking at the gleam from Biitula when we knew someone “made it” to the other planets. It was a one rough start without these portal networks xD. Aaah good days!

5 Likes

My Bayside house in Kindred Bay was either day one of official launch or the next day. Likely 9/12/18.

1 Like

Yeah Reapall was on the other planets about 2 seconds after we could make the totem augment. I think we had our Biitula capital online about 40 min after that Phem capital screen shot. Of course, we all went to Circ pretty quickly after that and most of us died due to the atmo issue. So that stopped our push across the Universe. lol.

4 Likes

Nah I’m PS4 so tons of people were set up. I did preorder though so I’m definitely one of the first PS4 players!