šŸ”µ Oldest-plots-take-over & buffers should be removed

Oh nice i didnt think of that. I am now the proud owner of 5 gmall shops, the main walkway, and half the portal hub!

Good score.

1 Like

Thank you, but I did not find your post offensive at all. Your input is valid and you donā€™t have to agree with my points.

This is a worldwide MMO. Different time zones & Gleamclub interfere with communication. I cannot speak to someone who isnā€™t there. They cannot speak to me, if Iā€™m not there.
Regardless of the planet/city/type of build, people can build something, and then not be in-game for long periods of time. There is no way to speak to them.

If you are in a dense city, you would need to speak with the road owner, the build to your left, the build to your right and the build behind you. That is asking for a whole lot of ducks to be in a row. Highly unlikely to make that happen.

2 Likes

I know right!

Also, these new mechanics mean most people wonā€™t be willing to budge an inch for fear that their neighborā€™s plots may be older and steal their plots.

2 Likes

Like i said there are issues no doubt. But i just feel like thats the risk of a bigger city that you have to accept. There is no solution for people leaving the game and maybe unintentionelle occupaying new space.

Just think about the old UltimaHub on Finata. It was an organically grown city and i quiet liked it but it had huge problems with the distribution of the plots.
The new city on Eresho is much more fair. But if any of the big leaders would decide to leave, it would be a problem after a short time. And getting space there is not easy or at least cheap

I think i was about your 10th shop to join. Hence my excitement all of a sudden! Haha

1 Like

They are listening. :blush::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Oh my lolā€¦the mall was such a tiny little thing back then. You have no idea how awesome it was to see the first few settlers come in. :blush::heartpulse:

3 Likes

im glad that they are listening but am kind of worryed about this barn door policy they seem to have been doing has of late the buffer patch was in testing for i think 4 days and thats nothing in debug time.

1 Like

Oh its definitely been awesome watching it grow, and spawning all the other great malls too. Youre a pioneer. :grin:

3 Likes

I :heart: the mall

( Major has a done an amazing job :heart: Iā€™m glad to be a part of it )

2 Likes

They had us vote on buffer zones and it was not a minority at that time. Would it be now? Maybe

I was one (I think) that was all for buffer zonesā€¦they sounded great.

Until we were able to try them out on the test server. Then we noticed fatal flaws and spoke upā€¦in vain at the time.

3 Likes

Im still a little unsure what the problem weā€™re trying to solve is.

Is it people building next to eachother, or settlements being absorbed into greater settlements?

If its people building next to eachother, then we already had buffers. Theyre called plots and you can reserve space as you like. Is reserving space around the space you reserved really needed?

If its the settlement naming issues, then i think thats a different story. Maybe a simple ā€œjoin greater settlementā€ option on the beacon would be easier.

1 Like

I know right? Itā€™s really fun & weā€™ve tried to connect them all together so people can visit all of them.:blush:

2 Likes

I think its more of this. . Players want to control if they are part of a settlement or not. I have tried twice to find the thread where the developers talked about opt in opt out and no luck.

1 Like

I think this was part of what they were trying to fix and to lower the amount of complaints/reports. It didnā€™t seem to fix the settlement issues, but I think that was part of it :woman_shrugging:

At least we had figured out how to adapt around the previous mechanics. With this one, we canā€™t do anything.

2 Likes

I went back to look at the old posts where this was discussed and interestingly the first one was about settlement merging where this buffer idea was suggested. But then the latest one is about plot disputes and people building next to eachother.

Wonder if bundling these problems is making it harder than it needs to be.

1 Like

Maybe. I do not want the players running the malls to have to rebuild that just seems cruel. But either they do something else like the opt in/out or they continue to deal with all the complaints forced mergers are causing. James specifically mentioned the ongoing drain this is on his time.

2 Likes

oh how about this. . . one setting on a beacon opt in or opt out. If you have opt in then any player build that touches you, you opt in with. No choosing just every player build that touches you. You are open to any merger.

If you select opt out then any player builds that touch you while it is set to opt out, you do not merge with. It would not let you opt out of settlements you already merged with. You made a choice and you have to stick with it, but you could avoid future merges. If a small group wanted to opt in to start and then opt out to keep their name and not be merged then they ALL have to opt in. If a player is not playing and the other cannot get them to change their settings they could always put plots around them to protect the settlement.

If you want a gap then plot it.

Maybe this is simpler than choosing individual players that you want to opt in and opt out with.

2 Likes

If that was possible to be done wouldnā€™t it have been done initially? I think thatā€™s been the core complaint since day 1. Hard to believe something so simple wasnā€™t looked in to at the time if it was possible? Looking at Lucas posts makes it seem pretty complex overall.