đŸ”” Oldest-plots-take-over & buffers should be removed

Maybe. I do not want the players running the malls to have to rebuild that just seems cruel. But either they do something else like the opt in/out or they continue to deal with all the complaints forced mergers are causing. James specifically mentioned the ongoing drain this is on his time.

2 Likes

oh how about this. . . one setting on a beacon opt in or opt out. If you have opt in then any player build that touches you, you opt in with. No choosing just every player build that touches you. You are open to any merger.

If you select opt out then any player builds that touch you while it is set to opt out, you do not merge with. It would not let you opt out of settlements you already merged with. You made a choice and you have to stick with it, but you could avoid future merges. If a small group wanted to opt in to start and then opt out to keep their name and not be merged then they ALL have to opt in. If a player is not playing and the other cannot get them to change their settings they could always put plots around them to protect the settlement.

If you want a gap then plot it.

Maybe this is simpler than choosing individual players that you want to opt in and opt out with.

2 Likes

If that was possible to be done wouldn’t it have been done initially? I think that’s been the core complaint since day 1. Hard to believe something so simple wasn’t looked in to at the time if it was possible? Looking at Lucas posts makes it seem pretty complex overall.

Did you find the post? Can you post a link. Not that I do not believe you but would like to know what if any specifics they thought might be an issue. I knew there was one somewhere.

This is where I based my assumption from. It’s about the protection zone and surveyor setting.
The idea you proposed is just so easy and simplistic (on paper) I have to think that would have been done before any of these complex things we see right now.

I think this is why James told me not to turn off the mall road buffer.

1 Like

Buffers are only part of the problem though.

If you need to trade your home/shop/build/space to someone else, if your neighbor’s spaces were there 1st, you will lose your plots and not be able to re-plot them. Nor will a new person be able to plot them. This is a really bad problem. Maybe worse than buffers.

3 Likes

yeah I had read that one. . I swear there was one back months and months ago that I cannot find that discussed opt in and opt out. I tried three times to find it. I was hoping you had more luck.

Does my suggestion affect beacons. . yes right now when plotted areas touch the beacon and associated plots become part of the more prestigious settlement. So the changes is now they will act exactly how they do now when the option is set to Opt in. So this part is not changing. Now when it is set to opt out the settlements do not become part of the more prestigious settlement. I wonder of the game could consider the plots in a beacon that has opt out as reserved also. They would be reserved and plotted. If reserved cannot merge then maybe a plot that is reserved and plotted would give enough data to keep the settlements separate?

Buffers are cool, their greedyness is not.

Maybe we should just have to reserve plots manually, with a new set of plotter. They would allow you to reserve/unreserve land up to two plots from your plots for free.

1 Like

All I know right now is having a mix of buffers on and buffers off is bad. And the oldest plot vampire thing is just a big no.

Perhaps if you want to connect/plot in a town/community that has buffers off, then yours has to be too. No option to turn them on and cause issues for your neighbors.

Vise versa.

If you want to join/connect to a community that has decided to have them on, then your’s has to be too.

1 Like

Wat if they change their mind?

This will cause issues, so it needs to be a no.

1 Like

I feel for you members of the community who build large things to foster a growing community. I’ll let you guys continue to pioneer these things and in another year hopefully the whole thing is overhauled and/or fixed.

Good luck :+1:t2: I’m still advocating for a new big plot owners can put down and lease out normal plots to users. Still seems way less painful than changing the plot system itself all the time. You’d still have to wipe and rebuild though. So not a cure all either. :man_shrugging: Glad I’m just a paying player and not a developer. Tough :poop: to wade through.

3 Likes

If it just affected me, I wouldn’t care. I’d just go do something elsewhere, but this affects hundreds of builds in the mall/city. We’d all have to re-build somewhere else. Not cool.

If James wants to compensate me all of my plots or my $$$ back, I’ll gladly rebuild and re-invite everyone to it. However, this won’t change the new buffer/vampire mechanic that was just added. That will still harm neighbors.

3 Likes