On Icy Ground is really icy now? When this happened?

I wondered today a bit, when i tried to walk up my ramp at my base.
My Crafter always wears an “On Icy Ground” Grapple, but usually nothing happened.
Today, when i was walking up my ramp i slipped back and i was like “WTF?”… but then saw, yeah “On Icy Ground”.
When the effect got working, that you really feel to walk over Ice with it?
I am almost sure 2 days ago it did not gave this effect.

3 Likes

It most likely came with the last update

2 Likes

Well then the “2 days ago” are maybe some more days ago :joy:

3 Likes

Nice! Finally! I’ve always thought this would be a fun quirk

3 Likes

Icy Ground also started to work for me with the latest update. I dislike it… Especially trying to get around TNT Megahub! Lol

1 Like

Noticed this too after the update… also means that the frozen debuff from chill creatures probably works now too… haven been out to test it yet though… also the debuff seems to stack with slippery blocks for an extra slippery experience

3 Likes

Ooh… does bouncy feet work now too, you think??
Sorry, bit off topic lol

2 Likes

I noticed this too! I have it on a tool with that sinking feeling as well. The forger might have thought it would be useful underwater, but there is little to no noticeable effect underwater unfortunately. Its alsoa pain on actual ice as the effects seem to stack.

I can understand if you’re sprinting or walking and your character slides around a bit more aggressively, but should it really mean you can’t walk or sprint up a slope at all?

Lol that was my first thought too… I tested it out and bouncy feet is still very much a death sentence without minimal vitality + impact armor / impact immunity.

3 Likes

I mean… they did it.

1 Like