Oort Online: Not a Pay-to-Win Game

To be fair, we can only add tags and change the names, but yeah, anytime a post was renamed it was asked first. that and when i made a german chatroom since i saw where it was going, no worry. the real abuse wont come until we get real moderators XD

1 Like

yeah, we have to stay a bit cautionous with our regular powers. true true ^^

2 Likes

The develovers have my trust and I’d even spend 1 $ per portal. Wayfarer package is quite a fair amount of money, meaning a lot of money. I don’t know if it’s a good idea to tax the ability to visit other Wrolrds. To me it makes sense. But there pobably will be credibility tokens or sth. like this.
It was an just an idea. I think it would work differently on how many players actually are into the game. Furthermore I don’t believe it fits to the develovers’ concept of a buy once - play till you - drop dead - deal. I’d call their concept pay (once) and play. Not play and pay (till u drop dead).

To limit travel or to let people with money traveling faster would be no good idea. That would also lead to let people with money being more effective in trading :confused:

1 Like

True, and the ability to craft a portal out of gathered material would have a more likeable appeal. I was just wondering how huge the worlds will be and how diverse their biomes.

i think i heard them mention 16x16 or 20x20 km, which is huge. already now we have 603 billions square meters of land, so there will be more than enough i imagine.

2 Likes

For me one time purchase is fine for example: Pay only once to get premium what is unlimited but can get with little cost but then if you have to pay like every month aka p2p, thats pay to win basically too since some (even persons who are working) can’t afford for that.

yeah i have to agree, i am not a fan of those were you can pay to become ‘‘premium’’ ‘‘supporter’’ ‘‘veteran’’ whatever they call it and then limit content or remove timesinks for those guys. it can be done right, like TSW where you get a new costume every month + some cashshop money or whatever.

1 Like

Happy to find this discussion. I actually wrote this in the final comments once I noticed the question:

“If you could buy one perk to enhance Oort Online what would it be?”

"
This question scared me. I feel the potential of players being able buy godly weapons, armor, abilities within minutes. Such things should take effort. When I see an epic looking player, I don’t want to see them as someone willing to spend $50 on a weapon that could’ve taken weeks if not months to acquire. They should be seen as players who spent a lot of time in game overcoming difficult challenges. A player who defeated bosses, found rare resources, built famous structures (even liked by the developers), lead a very successful or popular guild , or completed difficult quests, competed the game, reached a high level, attended special/holiday events…etc. These things take time and effort. This game would be depressing if a player could get the same quality of rewards just by how much money they had in real life to throw into the game.

Im hyped for this game to play with my best friend. He tends to get further ahead of me in most mmos since he has no trouble playing for endless hours. I would hate to have the ability to catch up with ease for just $100. If I truly want to get on his level, I should have to work/play as much as him."

2 Likes

For everyone in favor of a cash shop and wants to give a little money to the devs from time to time - I accept digital gifts :wink:

(says the brokeass who wants every vanity item ever for no useful reason other than liking shiny things)

2 Likes

Are there any pay-for items you’d like to see in game that wouldn’t be considered pay-to-win?
it was never intented to be pay to win, and i can understand your concern, but as i also wrote up further i think its kinda sad that whenever a dev team mentions money people will get all angry and start to scream witchtrials.

but no worries, most likely arent gonna happen, nobody wants to see pay to win.