Oort prices and your thoughts on it?

I’ve been considering a proposal to raise the prices of oort in order to better compensate our hunters and expedite the collection process. I’ve had discussions with several individuals about this idea, and it seems opinions are mixed. Some are supportive and don’t mind the price increase, while others have expressed concerns. I value your input on this matter and encourage you to share your thoughts, keeping the discussion respectful and appreciating the diverse viewpoints within our community. What are your thoughts on this proposal?

• i dont mind the oort price increasing
  • i do mind about oort price increasing
  • 300 coins
  • 325 coins
  • 350 coins
  • 375 coins
  • 400 coins
  • 425 coins
  • 450 coins
  • 475 coins
  • 500 coins
  • MORE!
0 voters

what is fair to you?

1 Like

I won’t vote in this, because you insist on me, as a non-hunter, to say what I think is a fair price. I will say I try to buy oort that is under 400 coins, because that gives me a little time to be able to do things I enjoy in game without constantly having to grind for coins.(to buy oortstones)

4 Likes

if prices drop to 350 for example on request baskets the selling price will drop too which is a win then for you not?

it still needs to be driven by those who do the actual hunting

1 Like

but not all or most hunters sell their oort for a little price, i been watching the oort market for months to see and find the right price, but its not always right for everyone, which makes it hard.
for hunters to decide a price on it, is not doable, everyone has their own value too

Less than 300 would be acceptable for me. No need to have it that high.

Small playerbase right now:55 players average each day. (script run at 01-06-2024 23:29,Players 66,Planets: 290)

Getting Oort is not an issue for healthy people, specially when most hunt leaders are now all prepping worlds to have multiple meteorites spawn in.

Try to keep people HAPPY and they will keep playing.
Ruin the market as happened before and players will quit eventually as they see they cannot enjoy the game because people are manipulating the market way out of proportion.

No need to have the prices of Oort that crazy high.

4 Likes

I can’t vote because I’ve never sold or bought, because I’m greedy and rarely go hunting (love mining) :blush:
By the way, would be cool to be able to collect shards in an alternative way, because everyone would dream of having their own portal network.
It seems to me that oort price was twice as low before (2-3+ years ago), but I may be wrong.

3 Likes

You’ve raised a valid point, and I believe the best course of action for me at this time is to refrain from creating any oort baskets until our playerbase sees an increase. Fortunately, I currently possess an ample supply of oort, and I can always rely on private purchases to meet my needs in the interim

1 Like

would there be a huge need for me (also because i give away a lot of oort) i wil start low and increase overtime, ofcourse people can always contact me for hand trade prices

As the owner of an extensive network of portals, this cost issue should interest you. I am sure that you are doing this with good intentions and wish you success and good luck in your plans.
It seems to me that it is very difficult and requires a lot of effort! Thanks to these efforts that the game remains alive! I hope for better changes in the future, I dream of seeing crowded worlds!! :star_struck:
@HOST It seems to me that you can always count on the help of the community, we are almost like relatives here :hugs:

3 Likes

I hunt every week and I tend to sell my extra oort. Usually as shards for 32c or rough for 440c.
A year ago, I was selling shards for 23c each or rough oort for 320c.

1 Like

My issue is raising the price affects the new player base. Yeah they can make some good coin but it also stalls them building themselves even a small network. It don’t hurt the rich in game just hurts the small players. I try to keep things as fair priced as I can. I would rather encourage growth and not just make it good for the few.

4 Likes

I mean, I would rather sell oort to new players for a reasonable price, that true. But any time I’ve put some up for sale, it’s gone in a couple of hours.
Maybe a sign and mailbox in shops so as to sell oort through private trades? Or have locked, non-advertising shop stands that can be unlocked for new players?

2 Likes

yep, and when I’m running very low I will buy at the more expensive price. Every time I feed the portals represents a lot of time harvesting beans - because it doesn’t matter if I have to hit a desert sword three or four times because of mis-hitting. I’m not putting anyone else at risk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, as recently as I’ve been active, a lot of more vocal hunters were still talking like they need to pay for their hunts by selling oort.

As if there’s not trophies, organs, sacs, etc… all there to help out with that :thinking:

Anyways the price has been artificially high for so long - you’ve got to remember that if you want people to play and stay they’ve got to be able to afford things. Again this week more posts about how casual players can’t keep portals bigger than 1x2, etc… it keeps people from playing.

Anyways, I didn’t vote. Every major step up in the price of oort since it was at 100c/rough has been the decision of an individual or group with too much coin. The people that won’t sell for 350 won’t sell for 500, and more players will quit or stop maintaining portals.

:man_shrugging:

You ask for opinions, my opinion is that this is the wrong place to flex.

8 Likes

i didnt vote becouse im not hunting and not maintaining portal

but, if you attend a hunt, where you can get full SS of oortstones, you are settled right? you can feed your own portal and sell the excess

i know it could concerns the owners of hubs they need to maintain but many players donating oorts to network they are using

for normal player, the portal from their build to planetary bub on same planet is cheap and 1 hunt once in awhile will feed it for… months?

1 Like