Oort?

universe running out of oort?
I was on all 50 planets and found nothing (except for small quantities and unrealistic prices). Oort as a mining industry is long overdue for players who don’t like to hunt. Maybe with higher tool wear to keep the balance

7 Likes

Better go hunt some roadies.

But bigger portal networks has good price in their baskets so i assume players either sell to them or use themself.

2 Likes

i dont like hunting and it was never a Problem to buy on Shop stands or requests but since Weeks it is not possible.
portals will be down soon.
I will play to have fun here and not because i must to hold the portals open

2 Likes

don’t get me wrong it wouldn’t be necessary the economy would work

1 Like

I’m hoarding all I can get for my little hub, haven’t sold any in months, and even bought some back when it was 180c. I enjoy the occasional hunt, but no more than 1-2 hours a week

1 Like

I think people aren’t selling as much because they’re hoarding after Gleambow where a ton for injected into the universe. Plus with Oortmas meteors maybe people who would usually go hunting very often, are doing then instead? (Which doesn’t reward any Oort)

People still sell me enough oort but the supply is slowly dwindling. We desperately need a hunting update with new mobs.

2 Likes

maybe there could be new methods to get oort apart from hunting ( or mining)
oort condenser that catches trace amounts of oort from the atmosphere of higher tier planets and makes shards over time,
synthetic oort that is easy to make but causes portals to malfunction sometimes.
we could have some fun with this

1 Like

“Imitation oort”
Lasts 25% longer but when you go through, you end up somewhere 10-20 blocks away from the portal randomly

1 Like

or 10% chance of oort limbo (1-2 minute sanctum size minigame)

1 Like

Less people hunting and more people setting up networks.

6 Likes

oh oh , the limbo could have short and long path, short is a minor inconvenience, long is a mini game with a reward…
there could be very rare tainted oort that always takes you to limbo.
and I got carried away again

1 Like

Other idea thats not New… farming seed for plants that we can use in portals.
you can make the same time / item Balance like hunting and that give people the Chance to Produce alone

3 Likes

I think oorts are fine but the time for a portal to stay open is consuming to much on larger portals. Either change the time on the bigger portals so u get more time for your oort or change the Oort Amalgam

2 Likes

Guys holidays and oortmas means less Oort.

Once we go back to regular schedule Oort will be back to normal

5 Likes

Exactly that.

Also didn’t help that gleambow and oortmas were so close together in time.

And the insane amounts of red candy canes needed for the oortmas crafts

4 Likes

Where you eat starberry pies so you can keep going in a maze chased by ghosts of cuttletrunks we killed and in the corners there are mega fast brews!

1 Like

they don’t die, they respawn like us! they got their little sanctums with a cuttletrunk dude pointing at portals

5 Likes

What is one of the materials that we get loads of (yes from hunting but still). Shards. A lot of things can be made with them. Why not oort shards by adding combustion for example.
1 shard of each element and combustion makes 1 oort shard.
Oor something along the lines like this.
Flint could work to (sparkles).

Just saying my exchange prices are on average not to expensive or to cheap and don’t make a lot of coin with those shop trades.
But i do see materials that are very cheap and not even sell for months. Like shards, flint and so on.

3 Likes

The fact is its nice to see the market value go up but there are materials that could contribute to the demand. As we temporary burn to excess materials and in the process up the demand for them.
There are materials that just get chucked in the minter because its not worth to go out of your way to and sell these items.

2 Likes