Oortmas event planets/locations

I saw them last time too - seems most likely when a good snowstorm is blowing. In the past seemed the snowstorms were more common in icy biomes but this time so far seeing them more on my T1 flat/non-ice areas than on my icy high tier areas.

2 Likes

Yeah, this was on a mud flat area. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Having fun! :smiley: My tips for those new who might be reading -

Go slow, no time limit. Embarrassment meter is above your health bar. If it goes to 5 or so, hide and wait for it to go down.

If soloing, there seems to be a big difference in difficulty between level 1 & 2 meteors. Might not be worth your time to mess with the 2’s if not comfortable with them. Rewards don’t seem that different - I completed a 2 and got one cane, but had 1’s give 7. :confused:

Sometimes the mobs land in or have to be cut out of trees.

Might be worth quickly killing regular mobs in the area first, so you don’t have to worry about hitting one with a snowball and having it aggro.

Dual wield snowballs and drink a fast brew.

Holes in the ground can be helpful. Worst thing with terrain to me is the tall grass. So hard to see them in it.

3 Likes

Joined in with a group for a hunt on my one world near the portal! :smiley: They were using what is also a very useful tactic with the higher level ones - bomb the terrain right around it so the mobs are trapped in pits.

2 Likes

… BTW, that completed Level 3 is just a bit south of the portal there.

Take all your alts there. :wink: I’m doing that right now, you’ll get free red canes! :smiley:

There are a bunch of them scattered around but that one is really easy to reach.

2 Likes

it’s snowing in spots - very focused snowing on antar

5 Likes

Might as well use this thread for the Gleambow event, since it immediately follows Oortmas. :smiley: Set up a new planet for it! Over the Gleambow (yep, I used that name before)… portal at Paka’s Place, Gyosha Ophin. Looks pretty good so far, have some region centers (marked on the map) close to where I put the portal. Also, Hunting Grounds, to the other side of the TNT portal at Paka’s Place, is another good T3 Lush hunting planet. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another Gleambow planet portal up - got lucky and rolled one off Gyosha! :slight_smile:

4 Likes