Oortmas facts

• Snowy meteors fall only on lvl 1 & lvl 2 worlds (spawn mechanics is the same as normal ones)

• Creatures spawning at Snowy meteors can be damaged by Snowballs only

• Snowballs can be crafted from any ice/glacier block by hands or in a table

• In a Snowball fight you don’t lose any HP on hit neither get XP penalty on death.

• When hit by a snowball (from creature) you gain “Embarrassed” debuff which gets you “killed” when stacked to 10.

• Snowy meteor core contains some red candy canes and other various drops, mostly food and brews (all random)

• The only way to get red candy canes is hunting a snowy meteor

• Creatures defending snowy meteors drop ice blocks only

• The only way to get green candy canes is hunting creatures in hats (spawning around the world)

• Creatures in hats spawn all around the worlds (all levels), mostly around snowed (by weather) areas

• Drops from snowy meteor cores are all Oortmas themed (food, drink, coal, and special presents) and creatures in hats are random and not world lvl dependant - but meteor size matters!!

• Snowy meteor creates a snowed area on hit, turning some water into glacier/ice of a colour specific to that world

• Red candy canes are used to craft “snowcitizens

• Green candy canes are used to craft Oortmas trees and gift boxes

• Ice/glacier found at snowy meteors/creatures doesn’t stack with normals (different block ID?)

17 Likes

nice!
I think you’re right, the creatures with hats only spawn in snowy areas, I think I read that in the notes

2 Likes

Should just be Level 1 & 2 worlds, if you see them on level 3 worlds let us know! That’s a wee bug if true.

Hatted creatures spawn on all worlds in all locations, but the chances of them spawning are much higher when snow starts to fall over an area.

The number of drops depends on the size of the snowball fight, but the range of drops is mostly the same.

Hope that clears up some bits! :evergreen_tree::snowman::snowflake:

8 Likes

ahh thats what it was :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can add snowballs in the forge, but theres nothing added to them. Wanted DD10 snowballs :joy:

3 Likes

:musical_note::christmas_tree: It’s beginning to look a lot like… SKYRIM!:christmas_tree::musical_note: hahaha!

Compact snowballs?

Devastating damage forge boon, so you cant kill the snowspitters faster.

Is there a known way to reduce embarrassment? It only seems to take 10 hits from a measly spitter to kill me in a Level 1 meteor fight on a Level 1 planet. A Brew or a Food or something?

If you take cover and stop getting hit the embarrassment goes back down over time. Try not to stand out in the open if soloing.

1 Like

nitpicking: nothing to do with the event itself, they are just more likely to snow in areas covered in snow, and only “during” the christmas event. The christmas event itself has nothing to do with the snow covering the ground other than that during christmas it is much more likely to snow than usualy.

1 Like

zeal skills maxed will help you a lot and cleanse bomb will remove embarrassement

1 Like

If you are able to do the normal group hunts in higher worlds do them as you can get a lot of green candy canes from them.

Got almost 400 in a 2 hour hunt on Galan.

1 Like

Not here in Australia. Shouldn’t there only be snow on our planets during winter in the Southern Hemisphere?

…maybe I’m just overthinking things :smile:

Has anyone else heard the faint sound of sleigh bells out in the wilds, much like the wolf howl of the spooky event?!

1 Like