[Oortmas Land] --[T1 - Placid Lush Sovereign World] - 40 person Special Event World

:#5B:Oortmas Land
-------------------[Sovereign Details]-------------------
Owner : @Paka
Permissions : Yes Visit | Yes Edit | Yes Claim
--------------------[:earth_africa: World Details]--------------------
ID : 2094
Name : :#5B:Oortmas Land
Type : Lush
Tier : T1 - Placid
Atmosphere : Normal
Size : 6km (64 Regions)
Liquid : ▲ Water | ▼ Water
Region : US East
------------------[:compass: Distance Details]------------------
1 blinksecs from Sorissi
Warp Cost : 100c
Portals : TNT Main Hub, also am going to try to set up others here.
---------------------[:stopwatch: Time Details]---------------------
Appeared December 11, 2020 8:05 PM
Last until January 10, 2021 8:05 PM
Will Renew : No
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial Resources

------------[Embedded World Resources]------------

RankResource NameAbsolute CountPercentageAverage Per Chunk
1Soft Coal Seam18,669,85744.27%126.61
2Copper Seam16,696,69139.59%113.23
3Ancient Tech Remnant Seam3,310,0397.85%22.45
4Small Fossil Seam2,386,9935.66%16.19
5Iron Seam1,108,1942.63%7.52

--------------[Surface World Resources]--------------

RankResource NameAbsolute CountPercentageAverage Per Chunk
1Basic Boulder282,71533.46%1.92
2Desert Sword214,93925.44%1.46
3Starberry Vine104,30012.34%0.71
4Tuber Plant72,7088.60%0.49
5Tapered Boulder45,9725.44%0.31
6Rosetta Nox42,7845.06%0.29
7Tinted-Burst Fungus30,2893.58%0.21
8Ancient Oat25,2062.98%0.17
9Glossy Starberry Vine13,5181.60%0.09
10Oorum Wheat6,3790.75%0.04
11Oortian Rice6,1390.73%0.04

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, this one is quite a bit different than any I’ve done so far… set this up as a Special Event world for the snowball hunts! :smiley:

6km - 40 person… chose the biomes to try to be as easy as possible for this. I’m happy with the result - the choice of Gleam Lake might seem odd, but there really weren’t any good choices I saw at lv. 4 so figured, hey, let’s get some gleam at least, and it will look pretty. :wink:

It is all ready to go… portal open at TNT main hub, also will try to get some others open here. Main platform has portals to 25 region centers. Decided to cap it at that as I know too many portals in one place could cause issues. But, there are tokens to other region centers as well - the token stand has tokens to all the platforms, plus any others I thought were decent. Should hopefully make for some easier and newcomer-friendly fighting. I’ll work to keep it stocked. Atlases too, though not sure they’re really needed? They are there though.

Will get some snowballs out on the one stand later and keep that stocked best I can as well (sidenote: possible I might have to disappear, family member in hospital, as heads-up). I didn’t pick any ice biomes for this as they’re tougher to traverse, and in my experience the mobs drop more than enough to craft what is needed.

This says open to claiming but I haven’t done that… I will though, if any groups are thinking they might want to claim to set up some storage.

Closest to Sorissi, so suppose with tokens could always start hunts there too, rather than the main platform, if desired. Don’t feel you need to give footfall here, I truly don’t care about that with this.

Big thanks to @Kokuma for a big oort donation for this! :smiley: Because of that, I should be able to get other portals going to it, and maybe - if interest proves high enough - do a 2nd one of these, perhaps on the EU server as this is USE, and maybe not with all the internal portals but at least main ones going in and tokens.

Oh, there are a handful of free portals there if any want to link it to anywhere else before I get to it, some tokens out for them.

Mailbox there to report any problems. I REALLY don’t like having kick people but I’ll definitely do it if it is needed.

24 Likes

You could potentially have region platform #25 (assuming they are numbered) be a second portal hub, if you were wanting to expand more.

Absolutely awesome, btw. Make sure you have donation plinths - even if you don’t need more Oort for this, you continually serve the community and I’d love to donate anyway.

Edit: Also, colors are scanned on Oortmas Land now.

4 Likes

Thanks so much, really appreciate it!! :smiley:

Got one request basket up still with some room, huge thanks for any help there! :slight_smile:

Good point there on the platform… actually, still have those three free 1x2 ones on the center of the platform. :thinking: Could link one of them to a secondary platform - even put some storage and such there. I’ll grab one of my own tokens back and start working on it, get some more platforms up. :wink:

3 Likes

Not pressuring you on the extra platforms, btw. the 100c to tp, or just walking, is worth it anyway. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is a good idea!! :smiley: Maybe do at least another 10 but leave spots for more… perhaps save some of the donated Oort in case this is really popular to where a second planet could be used. :thinking: But I might just go ahead and add all the good ones, that is convenient for me as well really - I mean, if nothing else, I sure plan to use it, I want red canes! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Also, it is fun working on this!

3 Likes

You are the Oortmas gift that keeps on giving, @bucfanpaka! :gift:

4 Likes

Thank you!! :grin:

Oh, thinking on it too, when I do the next platform hub here, I’ll make it larger and space out the portals more… only just hit me now, that just opening a portal can trigger a meteor in the region (from what I’ve noticed), so probably best if I space them out a bit more to avoid that happening inadvertently here… :thinking:

Edit: Oh, in addition to the storage thing, if any of you hunt leaders just want to set up your own starter platform somewhere and do warps from there, that’s cool too… just let me know if so and I’ll open up claiming (not opening that until I know somebody wants it, as it could invite some trolling).

3 Likes

IMO @bucfanpaka should be a Raid boss for a one time event and we attempt to snowball her to the santucm :slight_smile:

Love this planet paka!

2 Likes

Thanks!! :grin:

Hehe, well, if I’m going to be a boss, I want to be able to summon my own Snowball into the fray… beware, all!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

snowball7

12 Likes

There is nothing wrong with bringing in a mini-snowfurbaby :slight_smile:

Just when that cooldown is up…Ill use every grapple as string to keep the mini-snowball occupied :laughing:

2 Likes

Opened a portal to EZPZ… figured a T1 hub would be good here, newcomers can avoid the T4 entrance this way. :slight_smile:

Also working on the secondary platform - once it is totally done, will replace the location tokens for those regions with new platform tokens. Might be a little bit on it though.

7 Likes

Secondary platform done, 45 portals now, all to platforms, along with the tokens! (Took the ground tokens down and replaced them with the new ones) :slight_smile: All set to go! :grin:

Shame this isn’t one I’m going to renew, has some great building spots! Might try to replicate it with a small world sometime. Also has a great climate, seems to be less rain than other lush worlds I’ve been on.

6 Likes

Ok, to update, there is a trick to the Snowball meteor spawns. You DO need to be in the region center, but you have to enter on foot!

In a way this is pretty helpful here as people entering the world won’t be setting them off just by visiting or opening portals. However, exiting and reentering the same region didn’t work for me - had to hike to the next. LUCKILY however, I’ve got so many of these up that I doubt there are any you can’t see the nearest ones from on the compass. :grin: Any settlement/portal markers are region centers. Choose a portal and start walking - it is easy terrain! :wink:

Thanks @Rydralain for figuring this out! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

ALSO if you’re on foot you can get the green candy cane mobs.

2 Likes

Yep, noticing fewer this time so I’m keeping a close eye out for any mobs as I run around!

A few other tips and tricks-

Have a fast AOE axe on hand. Even though Oortmas land doesn’t have a huge amount of trees, a few times a meteor has landed in clumps and the Snow Spitters can get REALLY hung up in them. Last fight I did I had to chop out half a dozen. You want to go quick if this happens so you aren’t getting hit from somewhere where it is protected.

Lv. 1s are WAY easier than Lv. 2s if soloing. But if taking on a 2 solo, bring some good damage bombs. I’ve saved myself a few times now on those by lobbing them around. The Snow Spitters also seem to have a lot of trouble even with small holes in the ground at times. With 2s, can get waves of Elites and Mighty ones that take a LOT of hits. Trapping a few makes a lot of difference.

The Clear Weather effect doesn’t work around the meteors, tested it.

Another reason to visit Oortmas Land - set up a giveaway on the secondary hub platform - :wink:

3 Likes

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Those stands are empty now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hehehe, there will be more where that came from later! :grin:

2 Likes