Opening Menu, Storages etc skip the idle animation taking up 3/5th of the screen

Stop the camera from going thirdperson front view of yourself, and having your char fill 3/5th of the view with its idle animations.

File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\gui\layouts\common
\layouts.json

“guiMenusLayoutTpl”: [
{
“name”: “cameraSettings”,
“scope”: {
“guiCameraFov”: “[[stdGuiFov]]”,
“gameCameraMode”: 0, <---------- set to 0, default is 3
“gameCameraFov”: 90,
“gameCameraDistance”: 2.5,
“gameCameraSideshift”: 1,
“gameCameraVerticalshift”: -0.6
}
},

vs old view:

NB… it does mess with your tinting perspective :slight_smile: and clothing, just like the pants, can’t be seen.

@Tiggs for the future suggested QoL ingame settings :smiley: So we mortals can toggle if we want 70% of the screen to move / render just because we open 1 chest… I highly prefer the option of 0 rather than 3, so it doesn’t change my camera view :-p makes it much more calm and cozy to quickly access and flip through multiple storages

16 Likes

Cool!.. So if 3 is the default and is the “selfie view” is 1 or 2 normal third person from behind? :thinking:

HACKS. Nice work @Huntsman

4 = uhm… see below…
3 = default
2 = centered looking at yourself with the front to the camera
1 = centered looking at yourself with the back to the camera
0 = the perfection… no camera change… :smiley:

figured test them while reapplying my modding again :-p had removed them when testing the desync part, to be sure nothing I had done, was distracting from the actual issue at hand.

view value of 4 is ( not sure if that even a valid value, and it isn’t just a default because no valid value present :P) :

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Would you happen to know a way to increase draw distance? Even if it decreases performance, would do it for pics only if it does. Thanks.

1 Like

yeah, easy to do. Just mess around with the gameoptions.json file. This one however is not located in the general game folder, but your steamaccount/gameid folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata<some steam id>\324510\local\user_settings\default\

In that one you can do whatever you want really, you can feks limit the game to a lower fps than 30 if you so desired… ( I do that for my gleamball spawning idle warm body accounts… aka I can run a lot more on 1 pc than I could if they were all at 30fps )

1 Like

@RedY3 oh and be aware default values for a selected profile ingame is NOT shown in the config file.

So etc drawDistanceSettingsIndex":3 is one of the values you want to play with :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure you can find better results :slight_smile: was just a quick random pick of different variables to mess with…

(also crank up to max your chunk cache in network and internet speed in that… and give it a few seconds to actually receive every bit of info in the direction you are looking)

3 Likes

Insert potato laptop dying sounds

Thanks again! Will def look into it when I am on my laptop.

1 Like

Would be nice to see inventory in the middle of screen

I totally agree! Was why I even looked in the files in the first place… my 38" screen… ultrawide… my eyes are extremely trained to look to the right for some reason… ( inventory… )

Straight to no minimum FPS for you.

You can trade smooth motions for better views.

Not sure if it will significantly hurt performance. I hope it doesn’t.

This is something I have to do! I have been waiting to use my 4k monitor to full potential and just see the beauty of the game unfold!

1 Like