Opinion Poll: Health of the Community

Happy Friday friends.

In my quest for data, I would like to take a “temperature” of public opinion. I’d love to start an honest, respectful discussion.

Here’s the question: How are we doing?

Your honest thoughts. This is NOT a “gripe” or blame the devs thread. I will lock it because we have plenty of those. This is YOUR opinion on the community and how the community is interacting and reacting to the game environment.

• The Boundless community is the best I’ve ever been a part of.
  • The Boundless community is better than it has ever been.
  • The Boundless community was better around and after the launch of 1.0.
  • The Boundless community was better in EA.
  • The Boundless community has never been a good community.

0 voters

Results are anonymous. Please feel free to elaborate.

i like boundless

11 Likes

I can’t really give any sort of vote. I wasn’t around with the original community and there isn’t really an option for how do you feel about the community in the current time. The other options compare to other communities which I can’t say Boundless is better than, but it’s not a bad community either.

I guess I’m neutral on it. I don’t find the forum community to be toxic. Some people certainly stay on edge for whatever reason and posts are easily misinterpreted as a result but by and large the community is pretty helpful, and responsive.

Is 1.0 when the game was released in the PS4? If so I think it’s the same as then, whatever that means. It’s not good nor bad.

1 Like

I’m curious how the community has never been good. Guess some people only have had bad interactions with others. Tho I don’t see how that’s possible. Some bad yes but all bad interactions is strange.

3 Likes

I love the boundless community, but I think your options are too specific to pick. Sorry, and hope this still helps :+1:

2 Likes

I voted best I’ve been a part of, and I don’t do that lightly: a few of you know what a big NMS fan I am and how active I am with that community online. But I’m not doing so in the game, and that gives Boundless the edge for me - that this community has drawn me in, in a way no other game has, where I’m coming out of my shell and actually interacting in the game, and opening myself up more and making friends in a way I haven’t done with other games.

Yes, there is going to be the occasional troll, and more often, also you are going to have conflicts where both parties are basically good but there is a misunderstanding or something escalates. But that is always going to happen any time you get a group of people together, and especially online.

Most important thing for Boundless I see is just ensuring that we get a steady stream, or at least trickle, of new blood coming in, that is critical to the health of any community, and also where we can really help - we know our friends and followers best, and can help get the word out and draw in people who will be great additions.

3 Likes

I see that in hindsight. It is, however, the actual margin for which I am curious. So in that regard, the poll does hit its mark. I would certainly encourage thoughts below the poll if you do not feel represented.

2 Likes

I’ve voted for “was better in early access”, but I should add that I voted for that because I think I’ve never known the Boundless community at its best. I wasn’t there during EA, but I keep reading everywhere that it’s dying, that there’s less and less players, that the game’s economy is down, that there’s less and less money coming to the devs.
As pessimistic as it is, I’ve had to deal with prestige wars and I’ve heard the P.U.R.E guild disbanded. I myself am having a hard time enjoying all aspects of the game. That goes to show that things aren’t great.

1 Like

Orange block era.

Then it quickly went down to ressources greed, business, prestige and others e-peen contest.

1 Like

Yeah, the whole prestige system enabling some toxic behaviour was one of the first conclusion I came to after a few weeks of playing the game too :

1 Like

did not vote i found the community always good beta EA and now

2 Likes

I love boundless but now all my friends have quit playing and idk how much longer i will go on :frowning_face: its not very fun by yourself and im kinda just playing because i have to run some things. The community is pretty cool tho ive never really been a part of one like this and it does make the game alot better

3 Likes

for my point of view, it’s a great game with great people inside, despite the difference in language and the amount of troll (users who are dedicated to annoying others), I love the game and nobody will get to throw me out, As much as I trolley, there are very good people in this game and thanks to them I and many friends of mine continue in the game, every day more, the updates are good, wanting to see what they get new in the next update, I do not say it is better than the nms, but leave that game for this and we were a great community that are slowly moving to this game, for the collaboration and help between us, we do not depend on stores, we are a guild of hunters very happy to be in this community

I have a cold :sneezing_face::face_with_thermometer:

I would Need another Option.
The boundless community is nice and friendly. At least the ones i met.

I would rate this community equally to that of the NMS community. Absolutely fantastic! Of course there are one or two bad eggs but they’re easily ignored most of the time and nothing is ever perfect, right?

Overall, you’re a fantastic bunch of Oortlings and I am proud and honored to walk among you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very well said! It is interesting to see the overlap on the type of people these two games draw. Great groups of people, both! :slight_smile: That is why I try to cross-promote so much, I think many who like one may well like the other.

3 Likes

I totally agree I am the lieutenant general of the army = CIAT =, a very large community of NMS, we are in wiki and in the amino app still active today, I organized events and competitions until I came across boundless from the day that I bought it I have not missed any, unfortunately I did not have time for the NMS and now my community is translating to boundless, we are very happy to have found you

7 Likes