Ore distribution and progression

So, I’ve been off exploring the beta worlds caves and mountains, and studying the new items in game, and I’ve got to ask- what is up with the resource distribution? I hope the short, simple answer is “this is only beta, and won’t reflect the final product” but I figure it’s fine to mention it anyway. Will ores be frequent and random like we see in the screen shot below, or will there be a sort of depth progression as seen in other voxel games? For example, will we be just as likely to find Titanium Ore on the surface of worlds as we are to find it deep underground? Same goes for special seams, gems, and ancient tech. It makes good sense for common quality ores to be found at and near the surface, but frankly things are feeling a bit haphazard and dense. Will future worlds incorporate a more layered and sparse distribution of resources?

3 Likes

This.

(All the ores are following the same logic at the moment.)

8 Likes

quick but eficcient answer :smile:

1 Like

That’s all I really needed. I figured it was the case, I just felt that it would be an important conversation to have if it were not the case. “Trust, but verify” in this case. Once again, I have verified that my trust is well placed :wink:

1 Like

Do any of you know how to mine these ores, or make anything with them at this moment in the development of the game?

They’re not currently mineable (they don’t currently drop anything) … At least until the next patch.

1 Like

Thank you.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I not understood the triggering of generation new seams of resources. Does this event happens in the moment when somebody dig out resources somewhere on another side of world? Or maybe it happens when dug places regenerate to initial state?

It’s a very important questions, because in first case we will see some duffering where we mine time to time. In second case the digging a rocks is the best way to find new ores in same place.

We’re planning on having elemental worlds which host an ore based on the matching element.

So if you want Sapphire you need to go to an Frozen type world and if you want Emerald you’ll need to go to a Toxic world, etc.

3 Likes