Other Player Plotting Land Right Next To Our Settlement

If you can spare the regen, unplot all but 2x1 connecting to him (under a new beacon). It will register a bridge and keep him separate. In future, remember that all unplotted land is free for the taking; it might seem mean but it’s the kind of creative i live for…

1 Like

Ya i was just sarcastically saying my will to build everywhere will make me spend money lol. It was a joke

Do Not PAY him anything! For the most part it’s well within the rules but it’s rude and poor etiquette. Most reasonable players would realize this.

Keep us posted and if it persists, post the player name and we will circulate their profile name to reduce the chance they can do it to someone else!

1 Like

Well sarcasm, joke, or whatever i think it was a valid point/comment to make.

1 Like

Hey guys back again. I sat down with him and talked about it and he wouldn’t remove the bridge but ended up making it look a bit better. We got him to compromise by building the bridge a smallish landing (4ish plots) on the coast where the bridge lands and no further building. He said he “didn’t take into account [our] situation.” Didnt make a whole lot of sense to me but all is well for the foreseeable future! Thanks all for the advice and tips :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a perfect solution,
But if he wants a bridge to make coin you guys can always “delete” the river. making his build obsolete.

Oooooooo might just have to think about that. The plots tho :weary:

Think of it as a temporary set back as you improve your stance for further negotiations.

1 Like

So much ugly builds in this game. One dude erected a wall with the word Brev. right next to my shop. I mean… why?
I’m pretty sure those are just kids with too much free time. Their interest in the game will gradually vanish and you’ll be able to claim these plots in the future.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping haha

I had a settlement once. It was the second day after the PS4 release. Made 20 coin! But now I have no settlement. I’m just saying, if there is a way to make money in any spectrum of life. People will fight to the death for it. I would love to have my own settlement and make coin. But I’m just not competitive enough.

More and more people have to understand that fairness is an illusion. Life is not fair, nor will anything in life ever be fair. But on a positive note. This game take the sandbox genre to new heights.

1 Like

I seem to miss your point entirely. May you elaborate?

It depends on how important that spot is…
If I really need that spot for expand, i will still pay him for that.
Because the system design like this.
You care about this game more you get damage more.

For example if i spend 2-3 month to build up a town / city with friends.
One players just get the plot right beside ur way to expand, and blackmail you for money or items.
What can you do to him ? Nothing.

And what is his lose ? Nothing. Because he not even care about this area at all.

2 Likes

Here’s to hoping these kind of players fade away from the community eventually haha, sorry for the confusion

1 Like

Still first I would try to explore “code of conduct” breach before paying.

3 Likes

definitely not paying haha. Broke as it is and people on here advised against it. i think we settled it with him, we explored his 900 plots and found he just builds bridges to a bunch of settlements all over so I doubt he’s gonna get rid of it :confused: . For now I’m content. he has a small landing on our island and we plotted off the areas we want in the future so I guess we wait until he starts building in his 900 plots and becomes the largest settlement on the planet and swallows up everyone lol. this is the worst game of agar.io ever man haha

2 Likes

Code of conduct does kinda touch on this. They claim they will look into it. I think resolving to pay a player out to move sets a precedent that nobody wants in this game and likely something the developers don’t want either. I think always worth a try to log a complaint if no resolution.

3 Likes

I can see why people do this, there’s even an objective telling you to go join a settlement which seems deliberately designed to push the community building aspect of the game.

3 Likes