Other players / activity

For a steam game it’s obviously dead.

it is prAlpha what do you expect?
Baby steps then toddler steps then …TITAN \o/

If you want to find people to play with you are in the right place to ask :smile:

1 Like

Well, there is only a few thousand supporters so far, if say 50% play every day (quite a high percentage) and they all play at different times a day each on different servers, it can be surprising how sparse the place can feel.

2 Likes

They used have more people playing. When I started Uliap had 18 people on its server ,but for the most part I do find it kind of dead. Whether im playing during the day, morning, or night its kind of hard to find people on any server and iv stayed up till like 8am on different occasions before just to find people however it wasn’t like a everyday thing nor was it a 24 hour gaming session.

Other people tend to be on more when new updates come out and as more updates come I’m hoping it will boost the game population more. Having frequent updates might help with this as players will have more to do in the earlier stages of the game. Even if there only once a month which the devs have been doing okay with now XD. So as long as they can keep it up or possibly improve things should get better. :3

A lot of Earlier access game on that show improvement and are good tend to have an okay game population on steam for the most part. From what I think and for as what other players have told me for the reason why they stopped playing is mostly for they lack of progress over time or something along those lines. Which might of hurt the game a little I got the game in Aug of last year and not much had happened for a few months other then bug fixes that I can remember, but they have been getting much better at that in the last few months. So if they could keep it up at the way its going the game might take off better after a few more updates.

And to my understanding the team wasn’t all that big so you also have to take that into consideration too.

Nah, it’s just been unusually quiet the past few days. The big texture update had a ton of us on for about a week, I think some people just got a little Oort-ed out for the moment.

And like the others have said, it’s pre-alpha, what did you expect? You’ll find a handful of really dedicated builders, a lot of people are waiting for certain features to release before they really dive in. :smile:

2 Likes

I believe there are a few strong issues, yet all addressable…
-lack of self adjustable beacons, currently just not convenient
-in game alt-tab to Steam, view players option not working. Such an easy way to see who is on and to add friends in Steam
-no “real” in game communication. Voip, world chat option… ( highly contested)

• pre-alpha
    -features
    -too much change to fast… (for some!?)
    -only 8k owners of the game world wide, some only as trailblazers
    -so much space, its kinda nice to claim your own piece of a world rather than to bunch up
    -greatly different build styles
    -themed sometimes needs room
    -people are shy
    As said, request a freind in the forums!
    If you build it they will come!
1 Like

way to high I would go with max 15-20% the rest tried it once maybe longer but didn’t play since then, waiting for bigger updates.

I agree with this statement. It seems that even when many people are online, everyone wants their own cut of the world and to be left alone to it. Because of this, people are segregating themselves from a community.

If you want to see people, then either join a de-griefing team or create a community project. Right now @DarkRepulsor and I are calling upon people to build around server Ruchs. We have two cities underway with a quick road between them and we are calling on others to place a beacon near us (back-to-back if possible) and build more towns and cities. My location is -185, 71, 285 if you want to see the current project and Dark is just north of me. We also have a forum discussing the project: Jam session on Ruchs - all welcome!

2 Likes

I second this. I too tend to go farther away from already established players to claim my own piece of land (preferably out of sight of other buildings). However, it’s nice (and convenient) to set up a way to quickly travel to a more populated area. I did exactly this on Cshrime where I’m playing.

1 Like

Me as well! it makes the game much more fun when played with others and building together is the best

im actually thinking of trying to build a town so there is a place people can gather once the game gets more popular but everyone i see just wants to build a tower and sit in it afterwards its so sad

Come join the Ruchs project. We have two cities underway and are looking for people who want to build large. We are even working out a common road to link the cities and towns.

1 Like

i’m more of a nice mideveil town kind of person i’m not really a big towering city builder but id love to join the projects there

I’m into the medieval too and would love to see another city with that theme that maybe I could link to by road or portal.

Pre alpha doesnt attract that much people to play Oort I guess…need to wait till there are more “unique” features to attract more

Generally everyone seems to be either working and building in their spare time or are doing mega builds, im building on 3 different worlds and i usually play a couple times a month just cuz my laptop sucks and it takes too long to build XD

but watch , when this game picks up with features and most worlds are congested with sub par builds, mega builds and you have to mute chat because of spam and people are constantly taking resources, you might wish the game wasnt so packed and alive, enjoy the scenery and beautiful worlds while they last dude ! :blush:

1 Like

Yeah, hope that the regeneration is implemented before the horde is approaching :smile: … I for myself wait also for a way to set down texture quallity or resolution next to some new content. If it will run a bit faster, also has some progress and something to do next to piling blocks on another I will be ingame much more :wink: Till then I will roam the forum like I do every day (If I will be ingame as much as I’m in the forum now, the game will be one of the best I ever played :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

2 Likes

On what server do most people play on nowdays?

Would be nice if this is updated a little. I actually have seen a current chart of the top ten cities and I for the life of me cannot find it again.

same as what Spoygg said to you

also here is my own welcome to the forums, hope you stick around and enjoy your time