Out of Town

I haven’t stayed in any of the cabins but I have drove passed them when I got lost up there a couple times. From Knox

1 Like

Drink some for me

1 Like

Done. Free shots at every distillery for the most part. Bought a few to take back to the cabin and one to sup on in the hot tub.

Heading up to Cades Cove this morning. See if I can get some pics.

4 Likes

Cades Cove on our list too. :smiley: Looking forward to seeing pics if you get them! :slight_smile: Hopefully traffic won’t be too bad, since you’re going on a weekday. Seems like, at least over around here, an especially busy tourist season.

2 Likes

Nice!! I was up there a couple years ago. There’s a lot of awesome hiking in the Smokies. Don’t mean to hijack your thread, but here’s a couple pictures I have from that area too

5 Likes

Beautiful pics!! :smiley:

It really is such an incredible area… it is why I moved here. :slight_smile: I think about half of FL has now or in the process of doing so… :joy: Anyways, I’ve got a bunch of my pics from the area here for any who are interested -

Plus, I don’t just mine in games, this area has good IRL mining as well, I do that quite a bit. :slight_smile: What are your hobbies? - #57 by bucfanpaka (Some more pics I posted)

1 Like

8 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

Nice pictures …
… What [planet] was this again? :wink:

1 Like

6 Likes

I think we all do this when you see all that do you compare it to Boundless or think how can I build that in Boundless boop

5 Likes

Some strange and new place … Part.of 249 I think

1 Like

Ok back from vacation … and refilling concrete as we speak. Thanks for all the comments in the thread I greatly appreciate them.

The trip was simply amazing and very relaxing. I would highly suggest a vacation where you can get away from everything for a week and just take the time to appreciate nature to anyone.

It can really rejuvenate and recharge you.

5 Likes

How was the weather? I’m in Birmingham so I figure Pigeon Forge isn’t a LOT cooler now, but really need to get out of town for a bit.

2 Likes

It rained two nights I was there, but mostly clear during the day. It was warm and somewhat humid … it was mostly mid to high 80s during the day and 70’s at night.

I would suggest waiting and going in Sept/Oct when it starts to cool down though.

Either way it was nice. If you do go to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg driving up to Cades Cove is a must … simply breathtaking.

2 Likes

For some cooler weather, look at the Cashiers/Highlands area here in NC. :slight_smile: That area is around 3500-4000’ so stays noticeably cooler than the valleys. Like tomorrow, will be pretty warm in my valley at 2000’, forecast of 86 (which is pretty hot for here) but Highlands only 77. Nice scenery and shopping. But busy this time of year! Can also go up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, you can go up to over 6000’ on it, visit places like Graveyard Fields which is so pretty and about a mile up… but that really needs to be done on a weekday and preferably early start, weekends in Summer or October are mobbed up there!

For reasonable lodging in the area, can check around Sapphire Valley, tons of people rent out condos and houses there, and the amenities at Sapphire Valley are really nice, I bought a lot up there just so I could use them.

2 Likes

I love Cade’s Cove. That was my family’s favorite vacation destination when I was growing up. It’s been 100 degrees here so 80s sounds lovely, lol.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize you were in NC! I love the Highlands area but haven’t been in a few years.

2 Likes

Yep, here in the western mountains (Sylva), such a great area, fell in love with it very early in life! :smiley: So much to do here, especially if you love the outdoors. I love hiking, photography, gem mining, and just taking it all in. :slight_smile:

2 Likes