[OUTDATED] MEGA THREAD: Gem Locations (After March 2017 Resource Distribution)

Sapphire anyone…? :frowning:

Next target gem for me. If I’m lucky, I should be able to provide some data later tonight.

2 Likes

would be greatly helpful, thanks mate

1 Like

Well, after nearly two hours of searching near lava on Nasharil, no luck. That has to be the most hostile terrain I’ve encountered. Columns of lava, holes to lava and maze-like caverns at nearly every turn! Nasty, nasty place, lol. Will resume the search tomorrow.

6 Likes

You are a trailblazer, my friend. :slight_smile: Keep up this great gathering of information.

Try high in mountains, or even in caves under mountains or other specific landforms.

2 Likes

Are you guys finding cave entrances inside mountains or just mining in the biome?

On Vulpto, I personally am just mining stairs down under a mountain until I find caves.

I haven’t searched on the surface yet.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

I usually use a similar approach as PendragonTheNinja.

Okay, so I gathered another 420 Ruby, and I think I can now say with certainty that Rubies on Vulpto are found specifically under mountains. (So, mountain biome?) Every time I dig into the caves under a sizable mountain, I find Rubies, but I never find them anywhere else.

I haven’t dug INTO the mountains yet, so I am not sure if they can be found above “sea level” yet.

1 Like

you got rubies out the wazoo

2 Likes

Interesting quantity, lol.

Well, another two hours searching for Sapphire on Nasharil…nuttin’…

3 Likes

Hmm I can’t seem to find any gems on Vulpto. I’ve mined into mountains and looked through caves in mountain biomes. My guess is they only spawn in certain areas which aren’t by where I was mining at lol.

2 Likes

They tend to spawn in groups of 1 to 4 nodes. from what I have gathered

Amethysts are found above altitude 120 in the cliffs of the tallest floating mountains Munteen has to offer:

Dual wielding grappling hooks is pretty much mandatory for this. Oh, and if you fall, you’ll probably drop into lava or go splat.

14 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

has anyone got any info on Sapphire yet? :smile:

After doing some exploring of high mountains, I can confirm that this is correct. First Amethyst I have found. :slight_smile: I don’t know if they can be found underground under these mountains, but it seems that grappling around them up high isn’t a very efficient way of finding them.

4 Likes

I have searched quite a lot on Nasharil for Sapphire from 0-30, near lava. Nothing. I think it must exist at higher altitudes, or I’ve been unlucky near lava.

for sapphire?