Outfits Exp & Targeting! Release 198 Overview | Jiivita's Corner

He is so happy that he has niagara falls of tears coming from his face … tears of happiness! ^^

6 Likes

I really like the new choice aspect of the tree.
Good games are all about interesting and tough choices.
They tried to do that with skill point increases in the old tree but you could just throw massive amounts of skill points at it and get it anyway.
I think the new system works much better in communicating the design intent.

8 Likes

This patch was sneaky in its size and time needed to show off =P lol

This one shows off the new amazing doors and most of the cool stuff added in Release 194

Enjoy!

10 Likes

Cleanse Points from leveling still cap at 3. :grin:

2 Likes

:poodle: i was looking forward to being able to stockpile them :rofl:

1 Like

New languages are already implemented… currently its all the supported languages at launch as @james said:

EDIT: well… it seems some things are missing, but mostly the game has been translated

4 Likes

Amazing News!

11 Likes

Get Ready for 5 days of skill guides! ^^

11 Likes

Round 2!

8 Likes

Round three!

11 Likes

just wondering… what level does the build start to become viable at?

1 Like

i would say as soon as you are comfterble to hunt. but there is also new things to consider if you want to dmg on a higher lvl planet you will need more dmg as now the mobs have defence so you will do less dmg. so there is many more factors to it now then just say what lvl.

also then you need to rember that the skills is just one part of the build to do dps. Foods do protections, brews heals and increas dmg, and augmens bost your slingbow, then you also got the forged weapons.

3 Likes

Round 4!

8 Likes

To be totally honest, skill guides isn’t that great an idea. You’re basically pigeon holing people into taking your ideas on what is best and not giving them the opportunity to figure their own idea out. I personally have disagreed with a few of the skills in your guides Jiivita. Sorry Bruv

1 Like

He’s not a developer, he’s just a content creator. Feel free to disagree with him as much as you want. I do all the time! He’s just highlighting the way he would do it for his character, and maybe it’ll help some folks who aren’t sure what to do and don’t wanna figure it out alone.

If you think you’ve got a better way, make a video yourself :smiley:

5 Likes

lol no problem… i made these simply because i had a flood of requests for them… i view them as an elongated introduction to the skill system and more of a “food for thought” on each build. Currently there is nothing demanding enough that forces players to min max just to get something done like a raid / encounter. I had intentions of making this a bit more clear in the videos as well as stressing that this is just my personal take on it… but my quest for streamlined content often doesn’t leave much room for stuff like that and in the end felt like the time it took up didn’t add sufficient value to the end result =)

Thank you for your feedback as it will help me improve future content :heart:

4 Likes

Well I haven’t watched them yet but am very happy for them because the content helps give me details I wasn’t aware of and helps me consider how to build characters without having to test everything myself.

Keep up the good work!

8 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I watch most of your videos because they are interesting and for people like me who don’t bother with test server, it tends to be informative. Was just giving my thoughts on it.

2 Likes

With the new skill tree, I have been asking (in discord and in the forums) for advice on the best way to spec in order to make the most efficient use of the points. Since we cannot simply try a set and wipe it as many times as we want, I personally value the work Jivita has done. In addition the descriptions provided in the skill tree are not as informative as they could be, so any additional information is (in my opinion) very valuable.

Thank you @Jiivita

5 Likes

Round 5!

Also here is an updated forge crash course ^^

7 Likes