Packet Loss - Really unstable connection for me

Hey Aredyl

Yeah, I hooked up to his router by cable to try and limit the possible problems and it ran sweet for 5 minutes then started dropping in and out again the same as at my house :disappointed_relieved:

Upside is I don’t have to buy a 3rd router yet :smiley:

Well, if you just bought a new modem, I’d just double-check to make sure its supported by your ISP. (I’m still hung up on your modem dropping a packet).

So, to help the dev team out, which servers are you experiencing the issues on? Is it just a couple or all of them?

Euro server was causing me issue at first (Sochaltin) but I have switched planet to America East I think (Lamblis) and it’s worse.

Do you have Steam running when you aren’t playing Boundless? My first thought is that Steam is trying to update all of your games when you start Boundless.

Right now, Boundless uses between 45 to 55kbps when running on my system, so (hopefully) its not that.

its when i start up boundless, my internet speed instantly drops to 0.5 MBS per second while without boundless its 200MBS

OK so I’m gonna take the plunge and just upgrade to VDSL Broadband and see if that helps, will have to give up on playing this game for a couple weeks and hopefully will be sorted by then. Many thanks for those that tried to help. :+1:

I’m having the same troubles the USEast planet Beckon. Wasn’t really having issues yesterday, just once in a while. Today the connection is completely unstable and going “Unstable” about every minute. I’ve tried different connections and still giving same issue. Don’t have any trouble with other online games, only this one out of the ones i tried.