Paint made from Plants/Flower

I would love to be able to paint surfaces in my beacon. This would be done with a new type of stone device, Mortar and Pestle.

Mortar and Pestle–>10 stone–>Crafting Table

Colors are collected by types of plants.
Grass–>green
Roses–>red
Dandelion–>Yellow
etc

Mortar and Pestle Recipes
2 Plant–>1 Powder
1 powder+sap+pure water–>Paint

Each 1 Paint can be applied to 4 block surfaces.

To get pure water, would require a suggestion I had before for a filter.

You can fill this with muddy water to make pure water.
To get muddy water, you use a metal bucket at a water source.

This idea is listed more here. Support Path Idea when I talk about Medicine

We already have inky plants in various colors. These can be put in the extractor for ink extract. While this has no use yet, the logical next step is to use this system as the basis for inks and dyes later on. Other flowers and plant material may later be extracted for other recipies such as medicines or potions.

1 Like

I feel like ink and dyes should be different than paint. Paint need some sort of binding to make it stick. Which is sap.

1 Like

Personally I don’t like the idea of coloured paints just to change the colours of blocks and such - we have potentially 256 different colour variations of blocks which could be available, requiring you to advance to harder worlds to collect them. There would be no real reason imo to then colour those blocks a different colour.

I think dyes and such will come more into play when we start getting into wearables - or possibly even for the stickers concept that was being explored by Minyi.

5 Likes

I was thinking more like multicolored or patterns.

Also, is there any idea so far for hairstyles or makeup?

Horn styles? There’s quite a few random models atm. Make-up…this isn’t The Sims :wink:

1 Like

Hairstyles, yes…ish. I don’t know that you can consider the head “appendages” hairstyles, but they will come in a variety of choices.

Makeup though, I’ve not seen anything. Tattoos and fur patterns, but not makeup.

2 Likes

As @Havok40k has already mentioned …

Appendages are the Boundless equivalent of hairstyles, and I guess that Tattoos are the equivalent of makeup (kind of!).

I think a “tattoo” that looks like black eyeshadow and black lipstick would be fun for my character. Gothic makeup is the best.

1 Like