Pay Cubits for Coins or

The only way this could work, is if they just made it so you can sell cubits to players. This ENABLES people who can’t afford cubits, to obtain them through trading in game… However, people would complain that it was pay to win, because they would say people who spend money can just buy their way to the top…

1 Like

this is the best way to break the economy completely…

1 Like

I’m okay with that I had thought a token you can buy with cubits and sell for coins token give 1 week of gleam club.

You could do the same with a cubits token, you buy the token sell for coins and once consumed token give cubits.

Like EVE Plex

You can already trade for cubits in game using coin. Rock Processing + Teaching Pie.

Last night I even gave a few cubits (2000 or so) to a friend with this technique. Filled my machines and crafting tables (160 of 'em or so) with enough rocks and materials to fill their queues, gave my friend permissions to my base and a pie, two hours later when the queues were finished they had some cubits to buy a few plots. :slight_smile:

And @Balkinus, sent you a PM last night trying to buy the things you’re selling, looks like you may have missed it. :slight_smile: Incidentally, I have 3 baskets at my shop that are always buying 15000c worth of rocks each, of any type and color. I refill those baskets every few hours provided that I’m awake and at home.

1 Like

And when that happens I will stop playing, plain and simple. Coin then means absolutely nothing anymore. Why start a shop when I can just buy the coins I need? Why gather resources and sell them when I can just buy the coins that I need?

Do you have any idea what it would do to the game? You will have endless supply of coins but absolutely nothing to spend it on because people would stop to run their shops BECAUSE IT IS NOT NEEDED ANYMORE. You have your millions but still can’t buy those forged tools.

OR

You have way more coin then now and the few people that will still forge for fun for others will up the prices in such a way that you still can’t afford it…

So I will repeat myself: NO

This has to be absolute nonsense. If you’ve been advertising on discord every day with those obscenely low prices you should have had at least some sales. Also, you apparently didn’t look too far, New Leyden Market, also on Gellis is buying leaves by the bucket loads, fibrous 7c, inky 22c (if I remember correctly, prices keep changing). Also buy all the beans, creature drops, wood, opal, etc., etc. All for fair prices!

4 Likes

Absolutely not. Not while it is possible to buy cubits with IRL money. The game already haves enough borderline pay to win things in it, and with worse coming in a year or so.

If this was the only way, then why are people able to buy tools and why are shop keepers able to sell tools, if this was the only way?

The forging system is not too complex at all. It may seem intimidating at 1st, mostly due to the sheer amount of reagents available to use in the system, only about 20% of them or less are useful in my book. and then there is the problem that the system uses RNG as its way to be anti-skill/anti-mastery which can lead to inconsistent results.

Everybody haves their own way of forging, You can find other peoples work and suggestions on the Forums if you need help finding out more.

I do everything solo other then joining public hunts as a “healer”. Either you are giving up a little too soon or maybe this game isn’t your genre of game.

Furthermore. I’ll have you know that I have successfully played this game without spending much coin at all if any. Coin is worthless to me at this time due to my playstyle, And I have rejected offer of free coin in the past.

Seen Here and Here

I do not suggest this for someone who is new to forging as it is the most costly reagent (at least the last time i checked)

I would suggest using the cheaper but less effective reagent called “Boon removal solvent” which works a tad differently but will give the same result however with a higher chance of RNG not being nice to you.

The boon removal solvent can be costly to make though iirc. Wouldn’t deconstruction resin 2 be more cost efficient for a beginner?

I would think that the least costly way for a beginner would probably be to learn to live with their forge oopsies and use the less than perfect tool until it breaks. But maybe that was just me :smiley:

I experimented a lot with iron tools that I used until they broke, using the cheaper forge materials until I could get the hang of the mechanics.

1 Like

Wildstock horns aren’t too hard to come by. You get alot of them if you join a public hunt for an hour or two, so I am guessing they are also cheap as well if you want to buy them.

Also the deconstruction resin 2 is for canceling a forge that has gone wrong and you want a chance to try to get your materials back.

Boon removal simply removes the last boon added that you don’t want,

So while the deconstruction resin is technically cheaper, it is more annoying to use. and i feel its less of a learning experience since you are giving up the moment RNG picks to try to cause you a problem

For me I would only use the deconstruction resin as an last resort where I am 100% no longer happy with the outcome and it cannot be repaired, or at the point where I know enough bad RNG has happened where the outcome will be a failure.

I would not use it as the 1st resort the moment a problem happens as in most cases the 1st problem and sometimes 2nd can be overlooked. Its only after the 3rd or 4th, where the RNG can start taking a toll on the vigor/stability to the point you risk running out of one or the other before getting the result you want.

If you want to try to learn how to forge well, then you need to experience and try to press on thru a few bad RNG rolls and see what you can do.

I will agree that the resin can be quite annoying. Especially when you have 2 of the 3 boons you want and the 3rd is the opposite that you don’t want and have to start over! Extremely annoying.

However, it’s how I’ve had to deal with it until recently. I recently started buying the wildstock horns at anywhere between 120c - 200c each. Which isn’t bad considering they used to cost sometimes 4 times as much. And then, even more recently learned how easy they can be to gather. Especially on the ice fields of Besverona. The wildstock are easy pickings there because they cant charge at you on the ice. Oh and, I hunt solo and haven’t gotten around to many group hunts.

But I may say easy but they might not be as easy for some because I’m now at what I would call an intermediate level in the game. I’m at a point where I’m forging my own Slingbows and Grapples. So, it’s easier for me now than it was to defeat the might varieties of the critters and therefore gather the tropheies.

But for someone starting out, and doesn’t have a lot of coin or the best gear and just starting out in forging, well, I guess it’s either put up with whatever results you get as you learn like, Arkainn said above or put up with the annoyance of the resin until you’re at the stage where you can afford the coin to buy the mats or go hunt and gather your own. :slight_smile:

I would suggest to them to try and join a public hunt that takes place on Delta or another world that doesn’t have harsh terrain (Alcyon is an example of a world that haves harsh terrain). They will die alot yes, but that is the cost of otherwise free materials.

That is how I started in the 1st few public hunts I was in before I had more useful items to be helpful to the group, just follow the group, try not to die and collect the loot, and then after awhile then you will be able to get the tools to be useful in the hunt, either by forging them yourself or selling the loot for coin and buying the tools you want.

1 Like

You got any of those three weeks ago prices?

To be honest, I’d rather take your advice than my own lol. I’ve always been a kind of a loaner in MMO’s which doesn’t really make a lot of sense, I know lol. But it’s the way I’ve always enjoyed playing.

Eventually, I need to break old habits and get out there and interact more and in turn, get the most out of the games I play. :smiley:

Makes perfect sense to me. You play those games the way that you feel the most comfortable with and what delivers the most fun to you. Nobody has the right to judge you for that.

I hate it when games force you to have to be in a group to get stuff done from the very beginning. Glad Boundless isn’t like that but offers the option there all the time if you do want to.

6 Likes

It makes sense to me, because for me, the reason why I try to do everything solo is because I like to be self-sufficient and have to relie on other people as little as possible for the core things, that way when those people are no longer around or cannot help me, it doesn’t effect my ability to do what I want.

But i also enjoy playing in groups as long as I have a way to be self-sufficient by other means if needed.

I found out about public hunts by pure mistake/chance.

1 Like

It’s only 18 feather or something for a mass craft of 100 so a few hours with a fist and stealth plus max damage you can one shot roadrunners all day. Malacrib or whatever it’s called has a giant lake I run around it about 70 times or so and enough roadrunners spawn to give me all the feathers I need.

Now for another, but kinda similar, suggestion…

Let us buy cubits with coins!

And

Let plots/cubits/cosmetic items be account wide

Or

Let us give plots/cubits to other players, mainly my alts!

I mean, it’s utterly ridiculous that my main is now out of plots and cubits but my alts have plenty. yes, I can use those, the mess that can create tho is not fun! :smiley:

I would not have expected this suggestion from someone who claims footfall is still broken.

This I can agree with. lol But if they decide not to do it I would not be mad, because then cubits become fairly worthless on alts.

Buying cubits with RL currency then selling to other players for coin is the same as P2W.

2 Likes

But in Boundless unlike any MMORPGs you don’t win anything having more coins than your neighbors.

1 Like