PC vs PS4

I totally agree about hookshots being the way to go for pc, though I use them on PS4 too. You can also use your PS4 controller on pc to make it a lot easier.

1 Like

I say just git gud with wut u got. Pc or console, let’s all stay humble and just agree that analog sticks are better.

4 Likes

I never played Boundless on the PS4, I used to be a little bit of a console player. but had quit a long time ago.

For me personally, the best thing about playing any online game with an online persistent universe on a PC vs any console, is the peace of mind that a 3rd party can not create problems that might result in my access to that game becoming revoked from things like, obsolescence, change in corporate policy’s, and so on.

Backwards compatibility has always been a strong suit for the PC, Not so much for consoles in my experience.

So because of that, I feel safer investing 1000s of hours in boundless because it is on the PC, I would never do that on a console.

I feel I will only ever lose access to boundless when the devs at wonderstruck decide to shutdown the server, and not from Sony some how creating a problem.

5 Likes

Used to beat pretty much everyone to gb meteors on the first and second events. Once you are good with them you are very good it seems :blush:

1 Like

Basically what the rest said already, Testing, Debug, mods, better draw distance, lovely reflections and higher resolution (and soon the ability to run your own little universe locally) but with a proper PS5 patch most of these would disappear, even the running of local servers. Then the only remaining things will be Testing, Debug and mods.

Oh and BTW, welcome back, just a few weeks ago I asked people if they knew what had happened to you!

That of course totally depends on preference. I just can’t get used to using kb+m so even on pc I use a controller. Only with strategy games I prefer the mouse.

Anyway, it’s also kinda funny that you mention Spiderman since there’s the Spiderman exclusive game on PlayStation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also I blame my age for the aversion to kb+m since I grew up with joysticks, then controllers so by the time 3d games became popular in the mid 90s I was already set in my ways…

1 Like

On PlayStation you have this handy Share/Create button that you can press to take screenshots. Heck it even let’s you save the gameplay from the past 60 minutes!

Tho on pc you can then easily access them and upload them somewhere. On PlayStation you either upload to Twitter or YouTube or you share them in a playstation chat to then download them on pc. But most screenshots I share go to a chat on my playstation or to twitter anyway. Only when I want to post it here or on discord I need to do a few steps more to get to them

2 Likes

Use your PS4 controller on pc :wink:

2 Likes

That was my point :grin:

Ma Circles are naturally built Mwahahaha me sadly don’t have a PC to show me how to make one ( ;.; ) that PC advantage lol

144hz gorgeous PC master race

Only 144hz. Poor you :grin::grin:. This being said I have a very nice gaming pc and still chose to play on ps4 because of my character and plots etc all being stuck there…built it 1yr after starting.

Pretty sure I would go boot up my pc and G9T oddessey 240hz :wink: if I could move over though…so you kinda have a point about the master race lol. P.s. yes I fully accept 49" was utter overkill for gaming but I do use it for work as I used to have 3 monitors with all the required programs open

if you already own a decent PC and if you want to start fresh, go PC, there’s nothing to think about, it’s better in pretty much all aspects (you can still use gamepad, you can still sit on couch, play the way you are used to, etc)
but losing all progress and having to buy an expensive PC is not worth the extra render distance and reflections in my opinion

3 Likes

@Ratchel it has no option for max level of detail or render distance, or i am blind
only lod, but this seems like it has no effect

Congrats on your new PC :+1:
As others have mentioned, you can use a regular game controller instead of kb+m/WASD, if you prefer. I had been using an Xbox controller with Boundless until recently (rec’d a Logitech PC controller for xmas).

2 Likes

I got a Bluetooth receiver for like $10, figuring I’d test it out and upgrade it if it worked but wasn’t perfect. So far it’s been solid and I use an Xbox controller with it.

I still almost only play on PS4 but only because those characters got a year head start.

I got a scuf last year because you recommended it! I think it was you anyway :face_with_monocle:. The back paddles are a major game changer, being able to use the right stick while swimming, jumping, and creeping.

1 Like

yeah thats 1 problem from boundless, all progress saved on the boundless server, but still its not possible to login with both on 1 account. it should normal not be so hard to accept 2 different login tokkens on 1 account from the programming side i think.

@lucadeltodecso is it possible to get this as a new feature ? this should be easy to accept a second login tokken

if you need first to buy a new pc, that is correct, BUT i think the most people has a pc and they dont need to buy it extra

I had been wanting a pc for ages and I was lucky to get one for Christmas this year. Its a gaming pc and my kids who have always played pc told me it’s a good one. I also play ESO and there are serious questions whether it will be a Xbox exclusive going forward… so now with PC I don’t have to worry about that stuff.

Using discord and the forum is also easier. I am a fast typer on keyboard, but using it on mobile was irritating to me for some reason, so sometimes my replies were short.

I’m glad to see you still here as well. I have been thinking about you and hoping you were still ok.

PS4 does have screenshots, but it’s indeed a PC point. You can lower the HUD and take a picture, which you cannot do with PS4.

ohhhhh… ok see… THIS. I do indeed have a gaming pc/mouse. I have those buttons. How do you bind them? I’m youtube it, but this is awesome. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m so excited! The fact that everything is glowing beautiful colors just makes me want to go to Fante’s and hang out. LOL

As for using the controller, I’ve thought about using one, but I really want to embrace the whole PC thing. Getting gud at using the keyboard mouse is a challenge I willingly accept. Especially now that I know I can bind a couple buttons to fit my needs That kind of stuff is fun for me, and I have always wanted to learn it. I’ve always been a geek without the proper tools. LOL

2 Likes

Ehh… as a PC user, I personally found hookshot being wonky (can’t swing properly with it, two grapples in both hands making me try to use the other while the ‘cooldown’ from the first one isn’t over yet ect) but that’s just me. Doing perfectly fine with one grapple tho.

Then again, muscle memory isn’t something new to me, I do have experience pulling off crazy stuff in other games…

As Rydralain pointed out tho, you can rebind keys as well, that is one of the strong points of PC.

1 Like