PC vs PS4

Question for PC players. What do you think is the best thing about playing Boundless on PC vs PS4? I’m new to the PC and am hoping to learn some new tips. :smiley:

2 Likes

PC

Testing
Debug
WATER REFLECTION’S!
W,A,S,D lol
Render distance (through setting or json editing)
Mods

Not paying a subscription fee through the console store to play online games.

and being part of the Superior gaming race :joy:

9 Likes

This thread feels like it could go down a dark path…

tenor

5 Likes

giphy (3)

3 Likes

Just switched over myself, hookshot helps.

2 Likes

Yeah for sure the render distance and reflection are at the top of my list.
But the ability to access everything the game has on pc. Including the ability to mod files.

That said I still play 99% of the time on Ps5.
I really hope there will be a few more improvements on the Ps5. But the 60fps is pretty sweet.

Do your magic @james and the rest of the team. :pray: :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

I play on Ps4 on VR headset but me still love Boundless Boop

3 Likes

I mean… lets be honest…

you ain’t gonna be spider man with the grapples using a thumb stick.

3 Likes

I’m not exaggerating when I say that ensuring that the chat lingered on the screen for a bit longer literally changed the game for me. Hunts were less frustrating, I saw more notes from others, or replies on stuff I forgot I’d said.

Such an easy change to a text file, too!

Oh, and moving the NSEW letters up a few pixels was pretty nice, too.

5 Likes

PC = SCREENSHOTS!
It’s a complete thought…

4 Likes

Paste Pot Pete, maybe?

2 Likes

I beg to differ :smiley: Gotta set that sensitivity up a bit!

3 Likes

The reflections are incredible! The render distance is amazing and it almost makes me sad for those who don’t have the ability to see it.

As for mods… I have zero clue how to do them, but I do know I would love to know how to get the one that gives you the ability to see meteors from a greater distance.

I didn’t even think about the ps+ savings. Not to mention I bought the game for $2.25 on sale.

3 Likes

haha! it’s funny you say that. Grappling has been the only thing I have struggled with. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks on how to do it easier… space bar + R + W is a lot to keep track of. That is one thing that is for sure easier on ps4.

I have never used hookshot, but I was wondering if that would help. I’ll try that! Thanks!

3 Likes

The more you use the keyboard for games the finger movements will become muscle memory. Just go to a bunch of tall trees and practice.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie … It’s a ■■■■■ when you try to WASD Twitter, though.

One thing you can do is bind your reel buttons to your mouse’s side buttons, if you have them. If you’re new to PC, note that there are many different options for side buttons on mice, especially gaming mice.

2 Likes

@Ratchel
I thought the render distance cannot be changed in the json, or can we get higher render distance over the json, or can you set the distance in the json even higher like ingame? Because i need around 20-30% more than the ingame settings allow to see my complete base full renderd :joy:

This should help

I use a PS4 controller on pc too. Just plug it in. If it doesn’t work. Put steam in big picture mode.

2 Likes