Post Your Screenshots!

Onwards and upwards!

34 Likes

town sleeps and meadow doing allnighter again

10 Likes

would be much better if the dev’s created some minigame tools
then i would finally get the arte intera minigametown some interest
atm cant even afford the portal but people can still visit all current minigames by walking outside the guildsanctum
ps a little bird saw andy rebuilding the ice ring
i hope the dev’s dont nerf slides again :joy:

1 Like

@Dunedragon - Perfect capture, nailed that one! :sunglasses: Wow!

@Stretchious - Awesome work, and beautiful shot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Started building the outer wall of the core of the city. Will still expand beyond this wall, but I think It will look really nice this this main “island” is filled with buildings!

15 Likes

I had a comment on one of my videos complaining about the draw distance which got me wondering…

max level of detail…

max level of detail… x12

though i did get as low as 15fps is some towns ><

you can find the “gameoptions.json” in the “userdata” folder for steam along with the chunkcache if you want to play around with the “lodSettingsIndex” value… normal max is 4… the pic above is 48. I didn’t notice much of an increase going from 24 up to 48, so it’s probably a bit overkill.

20 Likes

Thank you Sir! Excellent tip (as always).

You guessed correctly. Lol.

Please make a guide xD <3

2 Likes

Out of curiosity what is the best method or tool you’ve used to take nice screenshot?

C:\Steam\userdata\62980179\324510\local\user_settings\default
is where my file is, Maybe yours aswell :slight_smile:

1 Like

14 Likes

The only ‘gameoptions.json’ file I can find relating to Boundless is in ‘steamapps/common/Boundless/assets/archetypes’. Is this the correct file in my case?

There are two other files of the same name in other folders but, at a glance, they don’t seem to be related to Boundless. I’m a total noob at this file manipulation thing. If it were old school html I might have a clue but, nope. lol.

Love the snowman with the spooky lantern for a scarecrow

Goto boundless in your steam launcher.
Right click > Properities > Local Files > Browse Local files

Search “gameoptions.json” and there should only be one result. From there simply edit the “lodSettingsIndex” value (after opening with notepad or something)

1 Like

Just did that and got the same file I found above. So, that confirms it.

Thanks, Vansten!

And thanks to, @Jiivita of course for the initial info. :slight_smile:

Not for me.
C:\Steam\userdata\62980179\324510\local\user_settings\default
is where the one is my game uses.
I tested it with
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\archetypes
which does nothing ingame.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the game uses both files.

Unless im mistaken the one under user_settings has no “lodSettingsIndex” value to edit.

Beautiful, and love the little waterfall on the side! :slight_smile:

@QuimbyBoundless - Stunning, can’t wait to see more! :smiley:

You know i :heart_eyes: what you do, normaly :slight_smile: but this time, at least in my case youare wrong.
{“DoFEnabled”:false,“actionRepeatDelay”:0.0,“audioSpeakerType”:2,“chunkCacheSizeMB”:8192,“chunkSendRate”:0,“cloudResolutionScale”:0.40000000596046448,“connectionIndicator”:true,“debugEnabled”:true,“distortionEnabled”:false,“doubleTapToRun”:false,“foliageQuality”:12,“fov”:110.0,“fullPortalEffects”:1,“fullReflectionEffects”:1,“headBobEnabled”:false,“languageSettingsIndex”:1,“lastCharacter”:16574,“maxActivePortals”:5,“maxRenderedPortals”:5,“minFrameRate”:60,“mouseLookSensitivity”:1.5,“musicVolume”:0.0,“parentProfanitySetting”:1,“portalResolutionScale”:1.0,“quickUseDualSwitch”:false,“reflectionsResolutionScale”:1.0,“sfxVolume”:0.5,“showContextualMessages”:false,“soundVolume”:0.69999998807907104,“targetFrameRate”:0}
Is in the file Name i posted and it Looks absolutly amazing :slight_smile:

thank you for the heads up Jivita

1 Like