Where's that Level of Detail file and setting again?

Hey guys,

Long time, no chattie. I hope you’ve all been well. :smiley:

I’m trying to take a detailed screenshot of what I’m working on and I know there’s a way to temporarily ramp up the Level of Detail (LOD) on PC by editing a file but I can’t seem to be able to find that information anywhere anymore. What I’d like is a similar level of detail as shown in one of the screenshots from old Finata below…

As it stands, with everything ramped up to max in the settings and after playing around lowering and raising settings, I get what appears to be unchiseled blocks when they’re actually all chiseled. Here’s what I mean…

Notice the tops of the towers in the back? They’re actually chiseled exactly the same as the two in the front but the LOD is saying 'Nope, I’m not rendering that!".

So yea, can someone please point me toward the correct file I need to edit to get things looking sharp just for the purpose of taking a screenshot? I’ve done it before but it was so long ago, I just can’t remember.

Thank you in advance, folks! :slight_smile:

PS:Yep, I decided to finish R3DFIRE! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Is this relatable to? I would love to see my full build too. But only if devs are approving. Wish it was an ingame slider. Though no sure how it would work.

2 Likes

:keycap_ten:

4 Likes

yep i was testing this at that time as well adn as @Jiivita said 48 is overkill around 24 is a max at what u can actually see. above that i didnt noticed that anything is added.

3 Likes

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you, Jiivita! You are my savior!

1 Like

It kind of is related yes and if I had have noticed that thread before posting, I would have just asked there instead lol

1 Like

No worries, I was just curious and if it would help the other discussion too

1 Like

Heres Eresho City on max settings of everything and LOD set to 24.!

From 255 altitude

6 Likes

Awesome, so glad to see you back!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey! And thanks. It’s good to be back. And nothing changes btw. You still have full run/use of the place. Permissions, guild etc. remain as they are now. I’m simply finishing something I started, for once lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley: I’ll admit I’ve taken on various projects, spread myself pretty thin, so haven’t been by in a bit… :flushed: But will definitely drop by to say hi sometime soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, that’s okay. It was a lot to take on with all those portals, shop stands etc. I’m happy and thankful that you kept it going for as long as you did. If I decide to reopen portals and run the shop again, I’m thinking of scaling down somewhat. I don’t wanna get burnt out again lol. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, and let me know if you do - inventory is one thing I should still be able to help out with here and there! :smiley: Some stuff I get enough or more than enough to spread around (depending on exos and all, what I’m up to, haha). :slight_smile:

1 Like

tried this for the first time (at 24)
befores and afters

no going back now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes