Removing / Decreasing Weather

Sorry if i’m bothering you, but what affects the haze on the t1-2-3 planets?

edited file

default file

hmm should be something similar… I’ll have a look

Surprisingly this mod also remove the fog associated with not having enough planetary hazard protection.

What file did you try?

ADD: Just checked it with the file weather.json - Better Visibility with elemental haze Everything works well. :relaxed:
It is possible that all effects are completely disabled in other files

Hehe I wasn’t kidding, the “no effects” file shouldn’t have any effects.

I did notice that the better visibility version still had at least some snow-ground-cover… so ill have to take another look at that…

Here is how good it looks now:

I have also done this:

2 Likes

@XxymoxX awesome pic!

1 Like

I like the elemental haze, but not too severe like the Umbris exo lighting

1 Like

i guess I should take a look at exo’s… could probably tone them down a bit while still leaving an atmosphere

does this mod clear up the haze when an exo is starting to expires?

both versions should remove the fog / haze… the BetterVisibly version will still have the particle effects though… your only indication would be the breath bar if you have the NoEffects installed :scream:

Edit: i haven’t tested it on exo’s yet but it should that work that way judging by how the mods display elemental worlds without protections…

Enabling beacon plot map clears up the snow on the ground. Not sure if that’s related.

But is there any way to kill the rain audio? It drives me absolutely mad.

2 Likes

Buy a PC is the only current option sadly :weary:

On pc it should be possible… just a matter of finding the right spot to tweak :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve looked, I just can’t find the file controlling rain audio :frowning:

Have you seen the wierd effect where the graphics don’t figure themselves out fast enough and you end up being able to see disconnected caves underground ahead of you.

2 Likes

Yeah… that is often due to that part of the world not being downloaded yet… especially if your connection is slow / you have the chunk download rate set low and are traveling fast. I seen it pop up a few times when there should have been plenty of time to pull everything down too :man_shrugging:

1 Like

On a side note, I noticed when I used a gleam pop and speed brew, that I would see holes in water, partial mountains, and other stuff that would only render as I was about to go into the “empty” spaces.

Bumping this because it helped me today. I play on two different PC’s depending on where I’m at, and my secondary PC just looked terrible. . . until I did this. I forgot there was a mod for it. Now I am crystal clear no matter where I go. Maybe if you are sick of the weather, try this.

7 Likes