People, be patient on Exotic Earthyam seeds. 5 days, 50c each

I’ve been given 20 to start a farm with by @wakeNbake , as soon as I’ve grown a few extra for a viable farm start you’re more than welcome to them.

2 Likes

Doesn’t take much to start growing exotic earthyam. I bought a bulb for 8k and the rest is history. Don’t let folks like Stretchious scare you.

I am sorry there is nothing “scary” in stretchious’s post. What it is is factual. If players expect to always get the full 110% every harvest then they are going to be disappointed. What the system does is give every plant 1 seed and a 10% chance at another. So just because the math says with 10 plants I get 11 seeds the reality is you will get no less than 10 but you could get 10 and not eleven. After many harvests I have gotten between 104% and 111% on fields that should yield 110%. It is the nature of the rng aspect of farming. I think it is better for players to know how it really works versus expecting a perfect harvest every time.

1 Like

If you want to get technical and factual, don’t forget that you also need dark glass and certain arraignment to even get the max 110%. I was clueless when I bought my first bulb. I was disappointed that’s there’s more to simply planting the bulb into the dirt.

That is a fair point, but in reality since you can check the yield on your hud, you should know what you are likely to get right after planting. One good thing is I can harvest any non-matured crop and always get my seed back. This lets players try stuff until they find an arrangement they are happy with without loosing valuable seeds.

it almost sounds like people gave up on the idea of finding them in the wild. are they all plotted now ?
as someone who sells them, I should not be saying this, but they are easy to obtain. I managed to find some 200 of them by occassionally visiting Circa I. (using raw earthyam to find my first seed) and that was back when everyone was looking for them
yes, the atlas works almost never. but it sometimes does work. just keep it on your hotbar and check it every few minutes. when you see blue, grab a screenshot if you can, and go get em. there are often 2-3, even 5 per spot and each always gives you 3 bulbs.
also, if you got only 10 plants, the 110% seem untrue, but over time, or with a large field, the average is 110%

1 Like

Just out of interest, when was the last time you looked for them on Circa? If some are starting to reappear now I might give it another go looking for them in the wild.

When I come home for lunch and when I get off work I always check the atlas, I only ever see the three plants that are beaconed, but I am US central, so lunch and end of the day aren’t good times to look for them.

1 Like

dunno. a week ago ? I think they reappear after a few hours, or at least that’s how it looked like. I think I found some in same spot twice in an afternoon (I might be wrong)

1 Like

my atlas shows 3 right now, I don’t think that any of them is plotted

I just went to the closest one, there is 1 plant, not plotted (I left it there)
I see another dot far away, the one I know was plotted doesn’t seem to be there any more, and one of the spots looks like at least 3 plants

1 Like

Awesome, I’m glad someone will get some then.

My post is not intended to scare in any way. As @Kal-El states, it is merely factual and attempts to align expectations to that fact.

It is also factual that you can get more than 11 seeds from 10 plants - as the 10% chance is per crop, as I originally stated.

If you like a challenge, it could be quite a feat/achievement to finally get a full field from just one plant.

1 Like

Thanks I may take u up on that but im not in a big rush. I still have about 2 smart stacks of exotic yams and i make persisting pies like once every month or two lol.

1 Like

If anyone need a little help to kickstart their exoticyams farm jsut ask. I can make a decent amount of seeds a day.

2 Likes

I can spare 10 for now if you want them :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure thank you :smile:. My main is on exo but i can meet u somewhere with my alt if youre on now

I can meet you at the TNT mega hub in a couple of minutes if that’s any good?

Do you need and dark glass? I’ve got a bit of that spare too.

That works. I’ll head there now

On my way now

The statement is true. I started with a single bulb, about a week ago, and I’m only now sitting on 25… it gives a sense of accomplishment to grow from a single seed, but surely normal people have better things to do with their time?
-And yes I’m not normal, I’m okay with that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes