The rickroll was on topic though I was singing to lunai

Never gonna let you down

i never flagged on this forum
i would never be able to flag people
this is how you use a flag :smiley:

5 Likes

It’s a badge of honor. I laugh at many of the flags on here

1 Like

I haven’t gotten flagged yet, darn. Guess I need to be more provocative in my wording.

1 Like

Don’t be offensive, stay on topic. If you get flagged then, imo it’s not your problem its theirs.

2 Likes

Flag away. I just don’t care

1 Like

I’m only here to flag myself at this point…

4 Likes

yes, and this person should be mentioned in the notification.

Do you want to receive anonymous flags? Because that’s how you get anonymous flags.

1 Like

In this case, Fleas would be pointless anonymous accounts made for the singular purpose of flagging posts anonymously knowing that their throwaway account can’t be tied to their primary account. Thus, making the act of revealing who flagged a post pointless. It takes minimal effort to raise a brand-new account to high enough “trust” to flag an account. Less than 5 minutes for this one. :slight_smile:
I think I’ve made my point.

1 Like

I cosign this!

How about in order to flag someone you also get one of your own posts flagged (automatically)

1 Like

How does that make any sense. Especially if it’s a person who rarely ever comments or someone who doesn’t go off topic etc(aka posts that would never be flagged)

5 Likes

They wouldn’t be allowed to flag until they made a bunch of posts that didn’t get flagged. Maybe you have to make 10 posts per flag.

Ok I see the confusion. Here’s an example

Say I want to flag your post. In the popup it would say “are you sure? If you flag fire angel’s post, one of your own posts will be randomly flagged by the system”. If I click ok, a random number generator would flag one of my own posts (maybe from the past week)

If flagging posts got your own posts flagged, people might be more judicious about how often they use flagging, and consider if it’s really necessary.

It still wouldn’t make sense to get one of your post that was on topic and contributed to the conversation at hand in whatever topic to be flagged. It would cause more work for the devs since they would have to unflag it as well

6 Likes

The point would be that the devs wouldn’t unflag it. One of your posts would be “unjustly” flagged

But something would have to be done with it. Either it would be deleted or unflagged. Otherwise it would just leave a list of flags in their notification area for flags. Seems like that would make it harder for them to do their job on flags

4 Likes