šŸ˜„ Perhaps we should end the event prematurely right now

Please donā€™t end the event early. Iā€™m still gathering gleam that I canā€™t find anywhere else. I need the rest of the event still.

Come join us on circa!

1 Like

Do you have a scheduled hunt tomorrow?

our hunt is 24/7

2 Likes

2 Likes

Genuinely didnā€™t know that was a category and I thought this was a real suggestion.

Fair enough. I did not see that. I did assume you may have meant it as a joke but im sure im not the only one who didnt. And I personally find all the gbow drama very annoying, and thats really what motivated my mini-rant.

1 Like

Yeah I find it annoying too hence this thread :joy:

I canā€™t imagine how the devs must feel about all of this, they try to make something fun for all of us and we create drama around it all.

Add all the bitching and moaning we did this entire year I am surprised they are still working on the game. If I were them I would have turned off the servers and do something more enjoyable and/or something that is being appreciated with the short time we all have on this earth.

4 Likes

The human being is like that, we are not only social animals, we are also predators. Competing is in our nature. For me, it happens the other way around, having no PVP content, we turn the PVE into a camouflaged PVP.

We fight for anything. We fight for prestige and footprints, we fight for settlements and names, we fight for limited resources, we fight in the forums to visualize our opinion or tastes, we fight in a PVE event: Player vs meteorite. And so we will continue, transforming any PVE into a camouflaged PVP. Who knows if we would relax more in the PVE if we had an optional official PVP ā€¦

2 Likes

Pure color gleam, I think this is the most popular now.

Probably not. Having official PVP would mean that it becomes a selling point for the game, and potentially invites more people who are PvP minded.

Iā€™d hazard a guess that for any current user who is currently getting the PvP fix through competitive PvE content and who might have their needs met with real PvP, theyā€™ll be replaced by at least one person who enjoys PvP so much that their desires spill out into the PvE environment anyway. And whilst I know it isnā€™t good to generalise, my personal experience has been that PvP oriented players are more likely to thrive on controversy and drama.

Which isnā€™t to say I donā€™t think we should get PvP, just that I donā€™t believe it would alleviate any problems.

1 Like

I think it is too late for that, the players who want PVP are already in the game and we have been guided by the advertising of the game.

Source: https://playboundless.com/

I am not saying that the PVP has to be hardcore, however the community itself gives us examples of healthy PVP, for example the parties that the community has built around dodging bombs!

1 Like

Itā€™s possibleā€¦ although I think itā€™s more likely that the majority of players who want PVP are already in some other game right now.

As for the advertisingā€¦ Iā€™d say what youā€™re highlighted is some vague hints at mild competition, but not anything close to resembling PvP. If I was looking for a fun PvP game, I probably wouldnā€™t even try Boundless base on the advertising. Even if I did, Iā€™d soon realise the PvP just isnā€™t there and go looking elsewhere. Boundless does some things really well, but PvP is not one of them.

If I wanted economic PvP, just look at Eve and compare it to this, for example.

1 Like

I could agree with you, but not in this case. The same developers warn that many of the features they announce and are not yet. And here we are, waiting.

I insist again, the only ones who speak of a hard PVP are those who argue against the PVP, I imagine they try to condition the developers so that they do not bring it. But I have never heard any player ask for a hard PVP, we just want, and I include myself and continue playing, a little bit of PVP, such as the arenas, which are optional, not mandatory and do no harm to anyone.

I think some players are just more overzealous & aggressive than others as they go after the blocks/supplies that they really want.

The only thing Iā€™d really call a form of PvP is bombing :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You missed out on some conversations from 4-5 years ago with @Vastar and @KuroKuma :joy:

1 Like

ā€¦to sell. :slight_smile:

I seriously started to hope the event would be ended earlyā€¦ This ā€˜jokeā€™ made my heart ache in desperation. :grin:

2 Likes

The players that want this may have to wait for the survival mode planets just like the players that are waiting for creative mode planets. I would think that once the Survival Mode is launched you could create an environment that is as deadly as you want and where you can actually kill other players if that is what you want. Build your arenas, mazes and traps where you can set the danger to whatever level you think is appropriate.

1 Like

Thatā€™s assuming world builder can be used to build worlds. Evidence seems to lightly suggest it wonā€™t be.

I am not sure why you would need to use the world builder to construct a survival word any more than you would to create a creative world. If they are going to release a Survival Mode when they release the full Creative Mode they are going to have to provide some tool for players to set up parameters.