Permament beacon security

it’s true if you use leaves the cap is lower… i think

FYI - this is quite complicated to implement because at the moment the different worlds / servers don’t communicate with each other, and we’d quite like to keep it that way. Else as the game scales all the servers will start having to talk to all the other servers. This would be very bad for scalability.

We also discussed this in our design team in the past and I concluded that if a player doesn’t want to visit a beacon they own then it can’t be so important to them.

Sorry!

8 Likes

I agree that if people aren’t willing to manage the upkeep in a beacon then it must not be that important. All I ask is that you have some type of warning or easy way for beacons that are low in fuel (1-2 weeks) be noticed better in the beacon list. Maybe the ability to sort by time or something… The list should show the time left and it be easy to notice and not another management task.

2 Likes

Yes not other worlds just the world you are on. Some of us with big builds have lots of beacons around.
Just a few days ago a beacon on our build got miss and some reset, this was sad because it was just a over sight.
So on large build it would of been nice. Maye beacons with in a city like Elop Ports be able to do this. Thanks of thinking of this maybe someday :star_struck::boundless:

this was my reasoning to as i keep wondering if I barried a beacon somewhere in spitter maw and that someday it may just disipear.
I toataly get the world’s being separate tho :smile_cat:

I believe, to an extent, some beacons should be permanent. While it’s tragic that players leave, and buildings go without owners, those ruins can easily be integrated into the game. Perhaps monsters can move in. Perhaps it can be revived by another player, and taken.

You just have to be creative.