Permanent Portal Requirements

Im probably jumping the gun here (if not all the guns), BUT

is there any way we can get a ‘pre release’ resource requirement listing of what we will need in order to build/maintain the permanent portals so that we may work toward being ready on release?

that would be gr8

@james @olliepurkiss

2 Likes

Hi @T4LCOMX
Upon release, all worlds will be reset, so there’s really no use to hoarding anything.
This is from the FAQ as answered by @james

“Boundless 1.0 - we will reset all worlds when Boundless 1.0 is released. This means that all players on PC and PS4 will experience the official launch of Boundless and it’s universe together. Anything created or earned before in the pre-1.0 universes can not be migrated into the 1.0 universe.”

1 Like

Portals will be in before release, they’ll need to be tested at least a week…

2 Likes

Portals are going to use a new resource that will be added alongside the introduction of the feature.

6 Likes

It wouldn’t hurt to plan the exact coordinates that you want your portal to go between, maybe even build a portal room on either end. I’m planning to connect the Berlyn village to a camp on Volupto (sp?) For quicker access to dark blood and gems. Should be a nice place to set up my healing brews and slingbows for sale to reckless explorers. :wink:

4 Likes

ahem … http://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/oort-shard :wink:

Oortstone is not actually in game yet, so nothing much to stockpile other than spark!

How portals are actually made… as yet, unknown … I’d imagine something like http://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/refined-oort-stone is a possibility though (unverified - just speculation)

They’ll also need to be fuelled to keep them open.

Fueled by a power core or by the shards?

As James said, it will be a new thing.

So no warp conduit involvement right?

James’ post linked to the new thing already though didn’t, which was the shards? My money is on the shards being the fuel source :wink:

Absolutely not! :stuck_out_tongue:

• Warps are warps
  • Portals are portals

We’ve noticed some people are getting them confused, so we need to make sure players learn and understand:

• Warps are one way and require a warp conduit to work, they can only be used once.
  • Portals are two way and required x to work, they require fuel to stay open.

Cool cool, understood :blush:

Seems like you guys don’t want to say much until they’re out, but if you wanna reveal anything else I would be interested to know if the shards will be available on starter worlds or only on more difficult worlds/moons

They’ll be things you’ll need to find on difficult worlds,

It’s interesting to see how players approach a new mechanic without too much direction. Especially with all the videos and twitch streams we are seeing, it is giving us a lot of good feedback about things people understand or don’t understand, so we can improve our tutorials.

2 Likes

Fair enough, kind of makes sense :blush:

i figured it would be a while before the 1.0

if its not i may as well stop work all together on the temple

otherwise id like to know what it will take.

so far we know it will take the new resource and things from harder planets.

i guess we should get to building little base camps around the system if we havent already