Personalisation for item +crafters+ sellers (poll)

like title says named potions and tools
like “moebius axe off awesomeness” will make the process off selling more fun
and it seems to work out with upcoming forge
to sell specialized stuff so why not have option to add a aditional personalized name to it
this will also show who is reseller :smile:
and who did the hard work off creating it (street credits)

same with furniture people can invite people over and brag about their “moebs exotica” furniture they just ordered :smile:

futur ingame conversation:
"hey man you got that overprized aqutopian divan you so cool i just got those simplyrumply woodbenches :frowning: "

“can i offer you some stretch pie?”

"you so slow take this (offers dunemadrunner potion) nah im good ive got some viress vitess on me "

• yes
  • no
  • dont care
  • viress vitess yeees

0 voters

2 Likes

I like the idea of special names to high tier crafted items.

1 Like

i already suggested this in another thread but limiting it to “special” items,
what i mean is: yes, but only if there is an even low chance to produce a “perfect” kind of an item, with some bonus on it because it’s perfect, than that weapon automatically carry the name of the crafter… as it would be something on wich you would put your name on

if there will ever be a final-uber-ultimate crafter skill that cost a uber-super-huge quantity of skill points that gives you a low chance to produce a perfect item, yeah, totally agree

otherwise, if any normal item can carry the name of the crafter, it would just be confusing at reading items name and, after all, you don’t have all that interest in reading who has done an average and normal pie :poop: also because the name of the crafter should be in the first line, not in the item’s spec

[edit: so i don’t know what to vote in the poll -.-’ ]

2 Likes

you got more votes so you vote no and yes lol :smile:
oh and i would like it to function on also simple to make consumable and tools/weapons

1 Like

I’d like the ability to rename items. Are you suggesting that the original crafter should have the ability to lock the name to something? or are you just suggesting the ability to rename?

for sure
it gives people something to be proud off

I think being able to name things or label things would be awesome. naming tools could be done in the forge, it would be nice to be able to label things, like in the UI for the different machines for example so when you are hovering over any given machine, it would say your customized name rather than “WORKBENCH”
That way you’ll know right away which machine is your “Machining Machine” or “Coal Compactor” vs “Gem Compactor”.
Because if your crafting area is like mine, you’ll need some organization. I use my workbenches and machines as storage containers for the things I’m crafting with them. I’m always having to open up each of my workbenches to find where I keep certain things to put them away or grab more of the finished product.
I know there are signs, but in sone areas signs won’t work because there is nowhere to put them because it’s too crowded, otherwise signs would ruin the aesthetics of my build which are of utmost importance to builders.
Any possibility for things to be hidden until you need it is always desired and welcome.

I would much prefer it be unlocked… so I’m gonna go with no on this one :frowning_face:

1 Like

i like this idea (me and ctrl-64 both know ya can put signs please no need to mention this :wink: )

1 Like

Items personalized in the centraforge will say “spun by (crafters name)” in the description.

7 Likes

Like I said in another Thread, i’d love to have a “Wodden Hammer of Spreading Doom” or something like that, but “Georges Wodden Hammer of Spreading Doom” would be even better :slight_smile:

As long as it’s still stackable after naming it, I’m ok with it.
If it escalates the current stacking drama further, then no, please not. :joy:

But my guess would be, that - for technical reasons - it’s either removed by stacking or blocks stacking.
So … yeah.

3 Likes

Yes.

If it can’t be named directly, it could certainly say it somewhere on the axe.
Made by …

I like the idea of crediting the crafter on the item tooltip somehow, but I also think having it part of the name might be confusing, as others have pointed out.

Also if you can name it whatever there is too much potential for trolling, I can just imagine someone trying to pass off stone tools as diamond or something like that to try and catch unsuspecting buyers.

1 Like

Easy fix: give named tools a different colour for their name, so they are easily identifiable, or put a note in the description that it has been renamed.

2 Likes

Not a fan from a “What am I buying here?” perspective. It’d be helpful if this did happen to have the original weapon configuration as a subtitle.

CUSTOM TITLE WEAPON
(Eccentric Diamond Axe)

That kind of thing.

7 Likes

Yeah that’s true. @schasm It could be the sub heading or an addition too.

So

Eccentric Diamond Axe by *** or Eccentric Diamond Axe Named ****
or
Eccentric Diamond Axe
Then the Creators Name for it or their name below it

Raising this thread from the dead because now with forged tools it would be nice to have some sort of system that allows us to alter the background color, flag the item with a favorite “flag” or renaming items to reflect what they have become through forging.

Forged items stack into normal stacks and can easily get lost especially for shop keepers who move many of a similar product. Thanks Moebius for the suggestion.

the poll is still open :smile:
would love to see some creative names made up by sellers :smile:
ive seen that foundertotems carry the name off the maker butt thats not really what i meant

That’s an awesome idea. I already like that the character name is on forged items, good thinking from the devs :smiley: