Personality test

Any behavioral test I’ve taken (and there have been many over the last 25 years, both for fun, and professionally because the business said it was a good idea) has shown me to have the same qualities indicated here.

I like me this way, and I cultivate me this way.

Ive had to do these tests a ton…
Im ISTJ
Introvert
Sensing
Thinking
Judging

Going off of this, as a Psychology major, these tests aren’t reliable but can be accurate to varying degrees. The “facts” can be easily changed depending on, as you say, are dependent on how the person decided to answer the questions, which is dependent on several other factors such as mood, alertness, emotions, etc.

Again, as you say, these tests give suggestions and ranges of different personality traits.

I would hesitate to call them “facts” though.

5 Likes

With my above post in mind, I’m shocked by how much my results currently apply to me.

INTJ-T Architect. Almost a logician, except I really like structure.

3 Likes

I tend to like them mainly because its like seeing your personality in a diagram form. Its kind of neat in a way to see yourself spread out so you can see it.

1 Like

Personality tests are always fun. Take everything with a pinch of salt though!

PERSONALITY: ESFJ (“THE CONSUL”)

VARIANT: ASSERTIVE

ROLE: SENTINEL

Extraverted
54%

IntuitiveObservant
26%

Feeling
22%

Judging
43%

Assertive
4%

“The Consul” Sounds Pretty cool actually. No body else has got this one yet haha.

Assertive Sentinel?

I have seen your future…

3 Likes

Apparently I’m caring :smile: all depends on the situation I guess.

Everything and anything can be copied as a set of digits. Personally I find it amazing and horrifying that any part of you can be copied down into a series of digits such as your voice, thoughts and your whole life given enough time. Also to computers and those in power we all are just numbers on a screen. Oh well, I just find personality tests to be something to do and have a laugh at and compare with others, there are way more horrible things that are going on.

2 Likes

here is mine in a bit more detail

in terms of it being ‘‘definitive’’. i dont know, i dont think they are, as people mentioned they seem surprisingly accurate and it allows you to understand a bit more about a person.

i am seen as rude and cold but i havent been able to explain why i act that way, this site does it quite elegantly.

‘‘Insensitive – Oftentimes INTP personalities get so caught up in their logic that they forget any kind of emotional consideration – they dismiss subjectivity as irrational and tradition as an attempt to bar much-needed progress. Purely emotional situations are often utterly puzzling to INTPs, and their lack of timely sympathy can easily offend.’’

so its more of a guideline than a truth, but its a very good guideline.

3 Likes

Hmm you’ve got to take into account that when people ‘self report’ they tend to answer in ways that they think are preferable, they also damage control. People do this subconsciously as well as consciously.

You’ve also got to take into account that the questions are quite general, so given the question “I am good at making conversation with new people” agree/disagree with sliders as in the test. You have many different factors involved in whether or you are good or bad. Age group of the people, are they kids, are they elders, are they your age etc. Gender of people, a room full of women for example. You can list quite a few factors for each question where your answers will change.

There are numerous problems with these kinds of tests so I would say the percentage bars and the categories they represent are quite good but the overall personality type is questionable. They are quite fun though!

1 Like

seems like I don’t do that^^ would explain my 94% xD

1 Like

Yep, as Kuma said, when you are anonymous you answer things more honestly, i know i answered perfectly honeslty.

the other thing with taking in factors, i would assume we did? i did atleast in the ‘‘i would offer emotional support rather than a way to solve the problem’’ i had to leave it neutral, because it depends on the problem, if a mate of mine is depressed because he got dumped i would be there for him, if a girl comes and says she had a fight with another girl i would offer solutions, depends on the situation.

Yeah that is actually quite true for most people, who got INTP that i know at least.

My response to emotional situations, can basically be boiled down to, use logic or try hugging them. If neither option works I am basically lost :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have one more called ‘‘Throw chocolate in their general direction and run away’’

2 Likes

Yeah apply sugar is a great techinque too.

1 Like

As an INTP (and borderline Asperger’s case, too), I understand intellectually that other people have feelings. This is because I’ve been told that. I suppose it matters to them, but I find it very inconvenient most of the time.

I look at these axes (that’s the plural of “axis,” for anyone not entirely sure where I was going with that) what I see is a measurement of “what’s your first response method?” When presented with a situation I, as a strong ‘T’, tend to apply logic and thought. My wife, as a middling-strong ‘F’, responds with emotion. I can respond emotionally–it just isn’t my “go to” mode.

For example, back in August there was a problem with our air conditioning system, and during the repair, a 125-mF jump-start capacitor exploded on the condenser control. My responses went in this order:

• 12-year-old me: COOL! Something blew up!

• 54-year-old me: Hmm. Now why did that explode? There must have been an over-voltage problem
    coming from the…

• 54-year-old me with a checkbook: Well, ■■■■. That’s not gonna be cheap.

Had A/C simply failed to start up, I would have gone immediately into 54-year-old grown-up ‘T’ mode. But because there was an explosion, I momentarily lapsed into 12-year-old glee. Suffice it to say I spent more time in engineer mode than I did in either of the two other modes. (Because the engineer me remembered that it was a warranty repair.)

2 Likes

Let’s try out some logician magic here.

A is a human.
A answers questions 100% honestly.
Therefore, all humans answer questions 100% honestly.

Pretty fallacious argument there :wink:

And the anonymity argument isn’t that great either. In these forums, we all have an identity, and when we choose to take this test with the intention of sharing it with our fellow Oortians, I would argue that reduces the anonymity effect. Not removes, reduces.

1 Like

Personally i think that it isnt how it supposed to be read, i have 75% thinking, putting it on the graph it would be 175% thinking and 25% emotion out of 200%, does that mean i dont have emotions? hell no, i can be hurt like everybody else, i can cry to a sad movie or get frustrated in hopeless situations, however it does mean that i value logic more than emotion, i dont think emotion should matter in most discussions, if a friend comes up and says his girlfriend dumped him i would be there for him, but if somebody says that they ‘‘feel’’ offended by my arguments that are based on facts, then i dont think that is worth anything, so to sum it up, everybody will have emotional reactions to certain situations, you cant ever be completely emotionless unless you suffer from a mental condition which doesnt allow for emotions to exist, every single human, no matter how cynical, will have emotions because they are part of our nature, instincts and so on. (citation needed for last part)

I concede that point, ya got me

it wasnt a way to be like ‘‘i am the standard of all humans’’ (which would be damn sad if you ask me) it was just more a case of disproving

it didnt say some it didnt say certain it said people. to be fair it does peak my curiousity but when trying to search for facts on how being anonymous changes your way of responding to things all i found was a ton of articles saying it makes people more abusive shrug