Photo Mode

To go along with @Xaldafax’s suggestion for an in-game journal that you can take notes in, I’d love to see the ability to take simple photos in-game. I’m aware you can always take screenshots with Steam or with your OS but what I’m referring to is an in-game photo mode where it hides the UI (if you’d like) and allows very basic controls around the photo such as controlling the camera a bit including zoom and rotation. At minimum, just taking in-game screenshots would be sufficient.

These photos would then either be sent to your inventory as items you could use to decorate your builds or, to my original sentence, could be dropped into the aforementioned journal. For example, consider you want to document your journeys in Boundless and come across a really cool build. Enter photo mode, take a cool pic and then jot some notes in your journal while dropping the photo in.

If we want to take it even further, we could tie this into a UI for characters that is visible to any players who interact with you thus allowing other players to read from your journal if you permit it. This could add a nice RP aspect to the game.

5 Likes

Some tips for steam screenshots:

Press Z to hide your tools. Press F10 to hide HUD. Play around with you FoV setting if you need a bit of budget zoom. Some angles look better from 3rd person such as looking upward or over a cliff, if you don’t mind your character in the pic or cropping it a bit.

I know it can be done by attaching a keyboard, but an option on PS4 to hide the UI and bring up a photo mode where you could move the camera around - maybe just another click to the d-pad like we do to change the camera view - might actually be at the top of my wish list if I was forced to choose one thing right now.

A photo mode would be wonderful. :slight_smile: Really, I believe it would help us help the game: virtual photography is becoming more and more a thing, has a great community on Twitter, a lot of folks who I believe would love Boundless and be great additions. We could better show them the beauty of Boundless.

I suggested this not rly like with ingame stuff , but still. My suggestion flaw is that its not available for ps4