Piston alikes in Boundless possible?

I was wondering whether there could be an equivalent of pistons on Boundless. Similar to the ones in Minecraft.
Yet I’m in doubt, because MC has this symmetrical grid structure and Boundless rather an unsymmetrical one (which i could cuddle and wuddle and cuddle and…).
So this thread is about options how to implement the tech for creating sliding wall doors.
I’m in favor of a uuuge mountain temple which is to be opened through a gigantic sliding wall, which could be activated by two players at the same time, with each of them plugging in a gigantic key at each side to the left and right.

Feel free to add ideas to this thread and maybe have it become a discussion :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is a very basic idea how to accomplish the task of a sliding wall:

*Set up a wall with an up and down grid (2)
*Craft or even build a larger gearwheel out of blocks(1)
*Allign them together and let the gearwheel spin through energy or watermill like mechanics.
*Door starts sliding

I was trying to break things in boundless, searching for bugs. From my point of view introducing pistons would bring a lot of bugs and unintended exploits to the game. Also because Boundless is an MMO game this system should have been greately protected which is not that easy to achieve and fast to develop. I support this idea but i doubt it will ever be introduced :stuck_out_tongue:

What kind of exploits? I can imagine the bugs, but exploits…maybe.
Interesting point of view. I can understand. Would take up a lot of space of development.
What I’ve seen in screenshots, the crafting looks super cool.
And I remember James asking whether to add other basic shapes than cubes. So this is my hookup for this suggestion.

It really is a problem for me, I’m split between the artistic presentation of Boundless and the brilliant combination possibilities of pistons and redstone in MC (which have its boundaries though. But extremly fun and satisfying to build).