Planet Generation - Wood Biomes

Trying to gen a Wood Farm planet for my guild. Question is what biomes produce ancient in good numbers, twisted and lustrous. I am sure they all have their different biomes that they apply to. But I am just wondering really what the best biome for ancient trees is?

I did pick i would say any possible forest For my sovereign When i did it (therka imposter). Just search it from forums. Its Expired but i would argue it had the Best ancient farm trees. Cannot rly tell the biome tough. But it was t3 planet.

1 Like

I think the ones we have on Chromis are pretty good. It might be that same biome as Buggi is talking about.

1 Like

So bamboo forest?

Ye bamboo forest is one of the ancient tree biomes. Its not what i picked but its the same like example lutrion has.

I highly doubt its the Best.
My biome was more like booris ancient Wood spots.

Oh, I totally misread, I saw Twisted! I think blue button has a good Ancient option, but I’d have to double check.

I know I’ve seen one option better than bamboo for ancient. I think Basket has all three in good quantity, but I’ll try to look for the better one I saw when I get in game.

2 Likes

“Basket trees” is my go-to for ancient wood, “redwood forest” for lustre… have not really looked for a twisted farm yet

2 Likes

Platform Grid is nice. It has Ancient wood trees and then their leaves are in easily smashabe 3x3’s :wink: I like it better than the bamboo but that’s a personal thing I suppose. Bamboo too tallllll…

3 Likes

Also I am completely drawing a blank but the bog biome with the lanterns that hang down from the trees? That’s twisted wood.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! All great info as usual! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

There’s lot of great info on biomes scattered throughout the forums. We need to get it alll in one place so when people are looking then can find it easy peasey. All biome advice, all the time!

1 Like

That one is called Water Swamp.

2 Likes

These are the trees in basket trees

And these are the lustre trees in redwood forest

3 Likes

Here’s the thing though. The trees in the basket tree biome are meant to be honored and worshipped and never cut down!! :wink: I love those trees.

2 Likes

They regen just fine =)

2 Likes

you ‘worship’ them by having them show their magic of instantly growing back after being chopped down. Oh, and don’t mind that bomb in my hand, it’s totally not a regen bomb :wink:

1 Like

Whats the biome for (i think lustrious) the huuuuuuge trees? Skyrim has them?

1 Like

That is Island Trees. I like those for higher tier planets for what grows on top… but not as much for wood farms as many of them are rock in the core, not solid wood. (its also lvl 6 biome so not available for low tier Sovs)

4 Likes

Get thee axe behind me, Satan.

3 Likes